Jon Huntsman Jr. daughter wows crowd at New York piano recital
Deseret News archives/Getty Images
An article in Tuesday's Wall Street Journal recounts the dramatic piano performance Mary Anne Huntsman, the 26-year-old daughter of former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., delivered Saturday in New York City.
"In a blindingly green dress and heels, Ms. Huntsman was hard to miss at the performance, which was held at the Baruch Performing Arts Center and which lured a crowd consisting mainly of middle-aged doctors and real-estate developers. Playing Chopin's 'Fantasie Op. 49 in F Minor' expertly, Ms. Huntsman slammed on the keys, her hair swinging. 'It's embarrassing sometimes,' she said, during the Pellegrino-and-cheese after-party. 'I get really into it.'"
Huntsman was the eighth and final pianist to play during a recital held by the New York Piano Society, a non-profit organization that is described on its website as "dedicated to discovering and nurturing talented performers whose primary professions lie outside the field of music performance."
In other recent Huntsman news, Politico broke the news Monday that former Gov. Huntsman loaned his now-shuttered presidential campaign $1.5 million during the first quarter of 2012. "Yet despite those efforts the campaign still owes outside vendors and staff more than $1.3 million. In all, Huntsman has loaned his campaign more than $4 million since announcing his candidacy in 2011."
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Granite School District reminds teachers of...
- Bingham High students walk out over... 96
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 16