Jon Huntsman Jr. daughter wows crowd at New York piano recital
Deseret News archives/Getty Images
An article in Tuesday's Wall Street Journal recounts the dramatic piano performance Mary Anne Huntsman, the 26-year-old daughter of former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., delivered Saturday in New York City.
"In a blindingly green dress and heels, Ms. Huntsman was hard to miss at the performance, which was held at the Baruch Performing Arts Center and which lured a crowd consisting mainly of middle-aged doctors and real-estate developers. Playing Chopin's 'Fantasie Op. 49 in F Minor' expertly, Ms. Huntsman slammed on the keys, her hair swinging. 'It's embarrassing sometimes,' she said, during the Pellegrino-and-cheese after-party. 'I get really into it.'"
Huntsman was the eighth and final pianist to play during a recital held by the New York Piano Society, a non-profit organization that is described on its website as "dedicated to discovering and nurturing talented performers whose primary professions lie outside the field of music performance."
In other recent Huntsman news, Politico broke the news Monday that former Gov. Huntsman loaned his now-shuttered presidential campaign $1.5 million during the first quarter of 2012. "Yet despite those efforts the campaign still owes outside vendors and staff more than $1.3 million. In all, Huntsman has loaned his campaign more than $4 million since announcing his candidacy in 2011."
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 27
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 23
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12