Jon Huntsman Jr. daughter wows crowd at New York piano recital
Deseret News archives/Getty Images
An article in Tuesday's Wall Street Journal recounts the dramatic piano performance Mary Anne Huntsman, the 26-year-old daughter of former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., delivered Saturday in New York City.
"In a blindingly green dress and heels, Ms. Huntsman was hard to miss at the performance, which was held at the Baruch Performing Arts Center and which lured a crowd consisting mainly of middle-aged doctors and real-estate developers. Playing Chopin's 'Fantasie Op. 49 in F Minor' expertly, Ms. Huntsman slammed on the keys, her hair swinging. 'It's embarrassing sometimes,' she said, during the Pellegrino-and-cheese after-party. 'I get really into it.'"
Huntsman was the eighth and final pianist to play during a recital held by the New York Piano Society, a non-profit organization that is described on its website as "dedicated to discovering and nurturing talented performers whose primary professions lie outside the field of music performance."
In other recent Huntsman news, Politico broke the news Monday that former Gov. Huntsman loaned his now-shuttered presidential campaign $1.5 million during the first quarter of 2012. "Yet despite those efforts the campaign still owes outside vendors and staff more than $1.3 million. In all, Huntsman has loaned his campaign more than $4 million since announcing his candidacy in 2011."
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 14