SALT LAKE CITY — Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres announced Monday that it would acquire 11 Westates Theatres locations across Utah and one in Nevada.
The acquisition includes theaters in Logan, Cedar City, St. George and Mesquite, Nev., for a total of 71 new screens and 11,968 new seats, Megaplex Theatres said in a news release. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Westates thanks all of its loyal patrons, and is excited about the future expansions and upgrades that Megaplex is planning to bring to moviegoers," said Tony Rudman, president of Westates Theatres, in the news release.
The acquisition represents nearly 70 percent of Westate's theaters. It will operate five remaining theaters, including its only remaining Utah location at 1945 E. Murray-Holladay Rd. in Holladay. The other theaters are located in Idaho, Nevada and Arizona.
Megaplex said the acquisition was "part of a larger expansion program" that includes more than doubling the number of screens, from 70 to 150, in three years. Megaplex also plans to open a new location at Valley Fair Mall in West Valley City, and open two new auditoriums at Jordan Commons in Sandy.
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad rights...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- It's not just Hello Kitty: Japan's character...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 6
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 4
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Eagle Mountain votes to accept Rocky... 2