SALT LAKE CITY — Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres announced Monday that it would acquire 11 Westates Theatres locations across Utah and one in Nevada.
The acquisition includes theaters in Logan, Cedar City, St. George and Mesquite, Nev., for a total of 71 new screens and 11,968 new seats, Megaplex Theatres said in a news release. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Westates thanks all of its loyal patrons, and is excited about the future expansions and upgrades that Megaplex is planning to bring to moviegoers," said Tony Rudman, president of Westates Theatres, in the news release.
The acquisition represents nearly 70 percent of Westate's theaters. It will operate five remaining theaters, including its only remaining Utah location at 1945 E. Murray-Holladay Rd. in Holladay. The other theaters are located in Idaho, Nevada and Arizona.
Megaplex said the acquisition was "part of a larger expansion program" that includes more than doubling the number of screens, from 70 to 150, in three years. Megaplex also plans to open a new location at Valley Fair Mall in West Valley City, and open two new auditoriums at Jordan Commons in Sandy.
- Housing recovery slowest since World War II,...
- Another year, another small Social Security bump
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- Developer to build replica major league...
- Millennials may do career and home life...
- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen says US...
- NC-based FairPoint poised for growth after...
- Dave Ramsey says: Rehabbing your house for...
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 11
- US jobless aid applications fall to... 5
- Audit cites 'inadequate oversight' in... 5
- How students are engaging textbook... 4
- Millennials may do career and home life... 3
- Another year, another small Social... 2
- HBO unleashes streaming from cable... 1
- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen says... 1