SALT LAKE CITY — Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres announced Monday that it would acquire 11 Westates Theatres locations across Utah and one in Nevada.
The acquisition includes theaters in Logan, Cedar City, St. George and Mesquite, Nev., for a total of 71 new screens and 11,968 new seats, Megaplex Theatres said in a news release. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Westates thanks all of its loyal patrons, and is excited about the future expansions and upgrades that Megaplex is planning to bring to moviegoers," said Tony Rudman, president of Westates Theatres, in the news release.
The acquisition represents nearly 70 percent of Westate's theaters. It will operate five remaining theaters, including its only remaining Utah location at 1945 E. Murray-Holladay Rd. in Holladay. The other theaters are located in Idaho, Nevada and Arizona.
Megaplex said the acquisition was "part of a larger expansion program" that includes more than doubling the number of screens, from 70 to 150, in three years. Megaplex also plans to open a new location at Valley Fair Mall in West Valley City, and open two new auditoriums at Jordan Commons in Sandy.
- Student debt holds back many would-be home...
- Maybe you shouldn't look for your dream job
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Memory Lane: Traveling through time on Google...
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- With a swipe of the smartphone, loyalty punch...
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 20
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 15
- Why small businesses want a higher... 9
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Student debt holds back many would-be... 6