SALT LAKE CITY — Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres announced Monday that it would acquire 11 Westates Theatres locations across Utah and one in Nevada.
The acquisition includes theaters in Logan, Cedar City, St. George and Mesquite, Nev., for a total of 71 new screens and 11,968 new seats, Megaplex Theatres said in a news release. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Westates thanks all of its loyal patrons, and is excited about the future expansions and upgrades that Megaplex is planning to bring to moviegoers," said Tony Rudman, president of Westates Theatres, in the news release.
The acquisition represents nearly 70 percent of Westate's theaters. It will operate five remaining theaters, including its only remaining Utah location at 1945 E. Murray-Holladay Rd. in Holladay. The other theaters are located in Idaho, Nevada and Arizona.
Megaplex said the acquisition was "part of a larger expansion program" that includes more than doubling the number of screens, from 70 to 150, in three years. Megaplex also plans to open a new location at Valley Fair Mall in West Valley City, and open two new auditoriums at Jordan Commons in Sandy.
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 20
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8