SALT LAKE CITY — Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres announced Monday that it would acquire 11 Westates Theatres locations across Utah and one in Nevada.
The acquisition includes theaters in Logan, Cedar City, St. George and Mesquite, Nev., for a total of 71 new screens and 11,968 new seats, Megaplex Theatres said in a news release. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Westates thanks all of its loyal patrons, and is excited about the future expansions and upgrades that Megaplex is planning to bring to moviegoers," said Tony Rudman, president of Westates Theatres, in the news release.
The acquisition represents nearly 70 percent of Westate's theaters. It will operate five remaining theaters, including its only remaining Utah location at 1945 E. Murray-Holladay Rd. in Holladay. The other theaters are located in Idaho, Nevada and Arizona.
Megaplex said the acquisition was "part of a larger expansion program" that includes more than doubling the number of screens, from 70 to 150, in three years. Megaplex also plans to open a new location at Valley Fair Mall in West Valley City, and open two new auditoriums at Jordan Commons in Sandy.
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- Burger King Japan's latest meal is the new black
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Financial interventions don't work
- Labor commissioner appoints new Utah OSHA...
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 3
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2