SALT LAKE CITY — Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres announced Monday that it would acquire 11 Westates Theatres locations across Utah and one in Nevada.
The acquisition includes theaters in Logan, Cedar City, St. George and Mesquite, Nev., for a total of 71 new screens and 11,968 new seats, Megaplex Theatres said in a news release. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Westates thanks all of its loyal patrons, and is excited about the future expansions and upgrades that Megaplex is planning to bring to moviegoers," said Tony Rudman, president of Westates Theatres, in the news release.
The acquisition represents nearly 70 percent of Westate's theaters. It will operate five remaining theaters, including its only remaining Utah location at 1945 E. Murray-Holladay Rd. in Holladay. The other theaters are located in Idaho, Nevada and Arizona.
Megaplex said the acquisition was "part of a larger expansion program" that includes more than doubling the number of screens, from 70 to 150, in three years. Megaplex also plans to open a new location at Valley Fair Mall in West Valley City, and open two new auditoriums at Jordan Commons in Sandy.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- What you need to know about massive air bag...
- Out-of-patience investors sell off Amazon
- Ridesharing company Uber launches in Nevada
- US halal food supplier indicted over beef...
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- High school grads to get free ride at North...
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the workplace....
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 20
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 9
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- Survey: Harassment a common part of... 2
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on... 2
- EPA: Gas mileage inflated on 4 Mini... 1