Blue roundup: Jabari Parker named Gatorade National Boys' Basketball Player of the Year
High school basketball star Jabari Parker, whom BYU is heavily recruiting, earned 2011-12 Gatorade National Boys' Basketball Player of the Year honors.
Video of Parker accepting the award, along with a game of H-O-R-S-E between Parker and former NBA star Alonzo Mourning, is available on ESPN.com.
"Parker is only the fourth non-senior to win the Gatorade National Boys' Basketball Player of the Year award," according to ESPN.com. "He joins former two-time winners LeBron James (2001-02 and 2002-03), Greg Oden (2004-05 and 2005-06) and Brandon Knight (2008-09 and 2009-10). A 220-pound junior wing, Parker led the Wolverines to a 33-1 record and a third straight state championship this season. He averaged 20.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, 5.1 assists, 3.4 blocks and 1.5 steals per game, shooting 55 percent from the field, 39 percent from 3-point range and 72 percent from the free-throw line."
Meanwhile, we're only a couple of weeks removed from this year's NCAA Tournament championship game, but apparently it's never too early for Joe Lunardi's Bracketology projections for next season.
Lunardi has pegged the Cougars as a No. 13 seed, playing once again in a play-in game in Dayton, Ohio, against Ole Miss.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7