MOUNT OLYMPUS – Several volunteers gave up several hours of their weekend to clean up Pete’s Rock.
In February, the rock located at the trailhead of Mount Olympus was tagged with crude graffiti. On Sunday volunteers from the Wasatch Mountain Club held a pre-hike painting party at the local landmark. They came with paint and brushes to cover up the graffiti and clean up the area.
The local outdoor recreation organization formed in 1920. It recently partnered with Salt Lake County to formally adopt the Mount Olympus Trailhead.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 101
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9