MOUNT OLYMPUS – Several volunteers gave up several hours of their weekend to clean up Pete’s Rock.
In February, the rock located at the trailhead of Mount Olympus was tagged with crude graffiti. On Sunday volunteers from the Wasatch Mountain Club held a pre-hike painting party at the local landmark. They came with paint and brushes to cover up the graffiti and clean up the area.
The local outdoor recreation organization formed in 1920. It recently partnered with Salt Lake County to formally adopt the Mount Olympus Trailhead.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 79
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17