MOUNT OLYMPUS – Several volunteers gave up several hours of their weekend to clean up Pete’s Rock.
In February, the rock located at the trailhead of Mount Olympus was tagged with crude graffiti. On Sunday volunteers from the Wasatch Mountain Club held a pre-hike painting party at the local landmark. They came with paint and brushes to cover up the graffiti and clean up the area.
The local outdoor recreation organization formed in 1920. It recently partnered with Salt Lake County to formally adopt the Mount Olympus Trailhead.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14