MOUNT OLYMPUS – Several volunteers gave up several hours of their weekend to clean up Pete’s Rock.
In February, the rock located at the trailhead of Mount Olympus was tagged with crude graffiti. On Sunday volunteers from the Wasatch Mountain Club held a pre-hike painting party at the local landmark. They came with paint and brushes to cover up the graffiti and clean up the area.
The local outdoor recreation organization formed in 1920. It recently partnered with Salt Lake County to formally adopt the Mount Olympus Trailhead.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21