The effective leader. The fourth category is the effective leader, a combination of high trust and high accountability. The effective leader builds strong personal relationships with people and yet holds them accountable at the same time. This flies in the face of the idea that a leader must maintain professional distance in order to maintain accountability. The best leaders do the very opposite. They build close personal relationships with people and hold them accountable at the same time.
The elusive combination of strong accountability and high trust is what makes the effective leader.
Timothy R. Clark is the founder of TRClark LLC, a management consulting and leadership development organization. E-mail: email@example.com
- Kennecott lays off roughly 100 workers Thursday
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook for...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6
- Obama threatens veto of Republican... 6