Junior right-handed pitcher Chris Capper (3-4, 2.75) gets the starting assignment for BYU when it hosts Utah Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the finale of the Deseret Duel.
BYU (17-13 overall, 6-3 WCC) hosts Utah (9-25 overall, 5-10 Pac-12) at Larry H. Miller Field in the only game of the week for the Cougars.
“In the midst of final exams, it is important for us to get back on the winning track,” BYU coach Vance Law said. “Utah always presents a big challenge. We haven’t played them at home this year, and it’s always nice for us to play at home.”
BYU has clinched the baseball portion of the Deseret Duel by virtue of defeating Utah twice this season in Salt Lake City, 9-8 and 9-6. The Cougars also won the overall duel, 31-16, claiming the three points from baseball by virtue of those two wins.
Capper has won decisions in his last three outings. Cougars Dillon Robinson and Austin Hall bring five-game hitting streaks into the Utah game after Seattle University ended BYU’s four-game winning streak.
The BYU-Utah game will be televised live by BYUtv, with Dave McCann calling the play-by-play and Gary Sheide as analyst. BYU Radio 960 AM will also carry the play-by-play with veteran broadcaster Brent Norton.
Following the game with Utah, the Cougars continue nonleague play with a game the following Tuesday at No. 2 Stanford. Then BYU returns to West Coast Conference action in a three-game series at the University of San Francisco to conclude games in April.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21