MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A motorcyclist was killed Friday after colliding with a car making a left turn in front of him at 12th Street and 1200 West in Marriott-Slaterville west of Ogden.
The accident occurred about 4:15 p.m. The 50-year-old man was wearing a helmet and was conscious at the scene after he collided with the eastbound vehicle, said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
"Upon medical arriving and getting him into the ambulance, he did go into cardiac arrest and was transported to McKay-Dee hospital where … he was pronounced dead from his injuries," Lowther said.
The motorcyclist had been heading west on 12th Street. A large truck that was also in the travel lane may have obscured the vision of the motorcyclist, he said.
"We're getting to warmer weather and the motorcyclists are coming out," Lowther said. "People just have to condition themselves to (realize) that there's not just cars in the road — they really got to pay attention and watch out for motorcyclists."
The victim's name was not released pending notification of family.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 42
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16