MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A motorcyclist was killed Friday after colliding with a car making a left turn in front of him at 12th Street and 1200 West in Marriott-Slaterville west of Ogden.
The accident occurred about 4:15 p.m. The 50-year-old man was wearing a helmet and was conscious at the scene after he collided with the eastbound vehicle, said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
"Upon medical arriving and getting him into the ambulance, he did go into cardiac arrest and was transported to McKay-Dee hospital where … he was pronounced dead from his injuries," Lowther said.
The motorcyclist had been heading west on 12th Street. A large truck that was also in the travel lane may have obscured the vision of the motorcyclist, he said.
"We're getting to warmer weather and the motorcyclists are coming out," Lowther said. "People just have to condition themselves to (realize) that there's not just cars in the road — they really got to pay attention and watch out for motorcyclists."
The victim's name was not released pending notification of family.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- 8 injured in 3-car West Haven crash
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11