MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A motorcyclist was killed Friday after colliding with a car making a left turn in front of him at 12th Street and 1200 West in Marriott-Slaterville west of Ogden.
The accident occurred about 4:15 p.m. The 50-year-old man was wearing a helmet and was conscious at the scene after he collided with the eastbound vehicle, said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
"Upon medical arriving and getting him into the ambulance, he did go into cardiac arrest and was transported to McKay-Dee hospital where … he was pronounced dead from his injuries," Lowther said.
The motorcyclist had been heading west on 12th Street. A large truck that was also in the travel lane may have obscured the vision of the motorcyclist, he said.
"We're getting to warmer weather and the motorcyclists are coming out," Lowther said. "People just have to condition themselves to (realize) that there's not just cars in the road — they really got to pay attention and watch out for motorcyclists."
The victim's name was not released pending notification of family.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14