MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A motorcyclist was killed Friday after colliding with a car making a left turn in front of him at 12th Street and 1200 West in Marriott-Slaterville west of Ogden.
The accident occurred about 4:15 p.m. The 50-year-old man was wearing a helmet and was conscious at the scene after he collided with the eastbound vehicle, said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
"Upon medical arriving and getting him into the ambulance, he did go into cardiac arrest and was transported to McKay-Dee hospital where … he was pronounced dead from his injuries," Lowther said.
The motorcyclist had been heading west on 12th Street. A large truck that was also in the travel lane may have obscured the vision of the motorcyclist, he said.
"We're getting to warmer weather and the motorcyclists are coming out," Lowther said. "People just have to condition themselves to (realize) that there's not just cars in the road — they really got to pay attention and watch out for motorcyclists."
The victim's name was not released pending notification of family.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12