MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A motorcyclist was killed Friday after colliding with a car making a left turn in front of him at 12th Street and 1200 West in Marriott-Slaterville west of Ogden.
The accident occurred about 4:15 p.m. The 50-year-old man was wearing a helmet and was conscious at the scene after he collided with the eastbound vehicle, said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
"Upon medical arriving and getting him into the ambulance, he did go into cardiac arrest and was transported to McKay-Dee hospital where … he was pronounced dead from his injuries," Lowther said.
The motorcyclist had been heading west on 12th Street. A large truck that was also in the travel lane may have obscured the vision of the motorcyclist, he said.
"We're getting to warmer weather and the motorcyclists are coming out," Lowther said. "People just have to condition themselves to (realize) that there's not just cars in the road — they really got to pay attention and watch out for motorcyclists."
The victim's name was not released pending notification of family.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12