Three brothers from the Osmond family "dropped in" to a church family night in West Derby, England, according to Liverpool Echo news.
Merrill, Jay and Jimmy, who once recorded a song titled "Long Haired Lover from Liverpool" conducted a fireside where they discussed their Mormon faith and sang some a cappella versions of their songs.
People traveled across the country for the event, according to the article, and some 850 people attended.
“It’s always fun to come here and it’s looking really good. It’s so neat to see how the city has transformed over the years," Jimmy said.
A news organization in England did a feature on the London temple, detailing the beliefs of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well as the history of the temple.
Construction for the temple, located on West Park Road, began Aug. 27, 1955, and was dedicated Sept. 7, 1958. Before it was dedicated, more than 76,000 people toured the temple, the Sussex news reported.
The angel Moroni statue was placed atop the temple in 2002, concluding the Queen's Golden Jubilee celebration.
"We are so proud of the temple, it is one of only two in the UK. It is a place to be adored and loved," said Don Carpenter, a member of the church in England.
Near Hartford, Conn., plans to build a temple in Farmington, Conn., were presented to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy.
Four stake presidents from the area met with Malloy, presenting him with an updated proposal and photo book, according to the Courant News.
The meeting was in response to the governor's positive reaction to last year's day of service by the local LDS community.
"We are thankful to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for their service to others and invitation to all of the residents of all faiths and backgrounds to join with them as they celebrate their anniversary of service," said the proclamation.
J. Neil McMurdie, a Glastonbury resident and local public affairs director for the church, said the meeting was a follow-up to the service event.
"It was a chance for us to show him what we've done (since)," McMurdie said.
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Praying together to stay together? The role...
- Understanding DNA testing in family history
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- David Archuleta says ‘most fulfilling...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 68
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 21
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S. 8
- Evangelical leaders denounce Selective... 6
- ... 4