Three brothers from the Osmond family "dropped in" to a church family night in West Derby, England, according to Liverpool Echo news.
Merrill, Jay and Jimmy, who once recorded a song titled "Long Haired Lover from Liverpool" conducted a fireside where they discussed their Mormon faith and sang some a cappella versions of their songs.
People traveled across the country for the event, according to the article, and some 850 people attended.
“It’s always fun to come here and it’s looking really good. It’s so neat to see how the city has transformed over the years," Jimmy said.
A news organization in England did a feature on the London temple, detailing the beliefs of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well as the history of the temple.
Construction for the temple, located on West Park Road, began Aug. 27, 1955, and was dedicated Sept. 7, 1958. Before it was dedicated, more than 76,000 people toured the temple, the Sussex news reported.
The angel Moroni statue was placed atop the temple in 2002, concluding the Queen's Golden Jubilee celebration.
"We are so proud of the temple, it is one of only two in the UK. It is a place to be adored and loved," said Don Carpenter, a member of the church in England.
Near Hartford, Conn., plans to build a temple in Farmington, Conn., were presented to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy.
Four stake presidents from the area met with Malloy, presenting him with an updated proposal and photo book, according to the Courant News.
The meeting was in response to the governor's positive reaction to last year's day of service by the local LDS community.
"We are thankful to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for their service to others and invitation to all of the residents of all faiths and backgrounds to join with them as they celebrate their anniversary of service," said the proclamation.
J. Neil McMurdie, a Glastonbury resident and local public affairs director for the church, said the meeting was a follow-up to the service event.
"It was a chance for us to show him what we've done (since)," McMurdie said.
- Returned Mormon missionaries in 2014 FBS...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the world'...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 55
- Bible, Book of Mormon make list of top... 20
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7