Red-hot Utah Jazz take 10-point halftime lead over Houston Rockets, 56-46
Pat Sullivan, AP
HOUSTON — Earlier today, Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin called tonight's showdown with Houston Rockets a "huge game."
Twenty-four minutes into it, his team is playing like it.
Gordon Hayward has scored 17 points and Paul Millsap has added 16 to lead the Jazz to a 56-46 halftime lead over the Rockets at Toyota Center.
After a bit of a slow start — falling behind by six early on — the Jazz palyed with extra oomph and hustle while using a 12-2 spurt to gain control of momentum and tempo in the first half.
The Jazz shot 57.9 percent over the first 24 minutes compared to 41.9 percent by the Rockets.
Chandler Parsons leads Houston with 10 points.
The Jazz (30-28) could get closer to a playoff spot with a win over the Rockets (35-28). Utah only has 10 players available because of injuries, including Jeremy Evans' sprained ankle.
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 64
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16