Red-hot Utah Jazz take 10-point halftime lead over Houston Rockets, 56-46
Pat Sullivan, AP
HOUSTON — Earlier today, Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin called tonight's showdown with Houston Rockets a "huge game."
Twenty-four minutes into it, his team is playing like it.
Gordon Hayward has scored 17 points and Paul Millsap has added 16 to lead the Jazz to a 56-46 halftime lead over the Rockets at Toyota Center.
After a bit of a slow start — falling behind by six early on — the Jazz palyed with extra oomph and hustle while using a 12-2 spurt to gain control of momentum and tempo in the first half.
The Jazz shot 57.9 percent over the first 24 minutes compared to 41.9 percent by the Rockets.
Chandler Parsons leads Houston with 10 points.
The Jazz (30-28) could get closer to a playoff spot with a win over the Rockets (35-28). Utah only has 10 players available because of injuries, including Jeremy Evans' sprained ankle.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 76
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 71
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 32
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 17
- Free agent roundup: Where local... 16