Ravell Call, Deseret News
PORTLAND, Ore. — Former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson earned a pair of endorsements in his presidential campaign, including support from former presidential candidate Ralph Nader.
The Progressive Party of Oregon named Anderson its presidential nominee for 2012 during a joint press conference with Nader Wednesday.
"I am glad to see Rocky in this race, and he has my total support," Nader said.
Anderson, a two-term Salt Lake City mayor, said he's honored to have Nader's endorsement.
"Ralph Nader has been a strong fighter for causes I believe in — social justice, economic justice and environmental justice," he said. "While others have become complacent about the devastation to our rights and liberties in this country, Ralph has never backed down."
Anderson was expected to officially accept the nomination from the Oregon Progressive Party on Wednesday night.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 42
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16