Ravell Call, Deseret News
PORTLAND, Ore. — Former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson earned a pair of endorsements in his presidential campaign, including support from former presidential candidate Ralph Nader.
The Progressive Party of Oregon named Anderson its presidential nominee for 2012 during a joint press conference with Nader Wednesday.
"I am glad to see Rocky in this race, and he has my total support," Nader said.
Anderson, a two-term Salt Lake City mayor, said he's honored to have Nader's endorsement.
"Ralph Nader has been a strong fighter for causes I believe in — social justice, economic justice and environmental justice," he said. "While others have become complacent about the devastation to our rights and liberties in this country, Ralph has never backed down."
Anderson was expected to officially accept the nomination from the Oregon Progressive Party on Wednesday night.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 89
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 37
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 22
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18