Ravell Call, Deseret News
PORTLAND, Ore. — Former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson earned a pair of endorsements in his presidential campaign, including support from former presidential candidate Ralph Nader.
The Progressive Party of Oregon named Anderson its presidential nominee for 2012 during a joint press conference with Nader Wednesday.
"I am glad to see Rocky in this race, and he has my total support," Nader said.
Anderson, a two-term Salt Lake City mayor, said he's honored to have Nader's endorsement.
"Ralph Nader has been a strong fighter for causes I believe in — social justice, economic justice and environmental justice," he said. "While others have become complacent about the devastation to our rights and liberties in this country, Ralph has never backed down."
Anderson was expected to officially accept the nomination from the Oregon Progressive Party on Wednesday night.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Bingham High students walk out over... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 17