Ravell Call, Deseret News
PORTLAND, Ore. — Former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson earned a pair of endorsements in his presidential campaign, including support from former presidential candidate Ralph Nader.
The Progressive Party of Oregon named Anderson its presidential nominee for 2012 during a joint press conference with Nader Wednesday.
"I am glad to see Rocky in this race, and he has my total support," Nader said.
Anderson, a two-term Salt Lake City mayor, said he's honored to have Nader's endorsement.
"Ralph Nader has been a strong fighter for causes I believe in — social justice, economic justice and environmental justice," he said. "While others have become complacent about the devastation to our rights and liberties in this country, Ralph has never backed down."
Anderson was expected to officially accept the nomination from the Oregon Progressive Party on Wednesday night.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19