CNN takes viewers and readers on what it calls "a rare tour of a Mormon temple" in a story produced both for television and for cnn.com's Belief Blog.
The story features the new Kansas City Missouri Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which is currently open for public tours prior to its scheduled dedication on May 6. The story notes that after the temple is dedicated, "the doors will close forever to the public."
"This is a sacred space, set apart for only those who are devout followers of the faith," said Elder William R. Walker of the LDS Church's First Quorum of the Seventy, executive director of the church's Temple Department.
Both the video and print CNN stories use pictures from the church to take viewers and readers inside what will be Mormonism's 137th temple in operation around the world. Both stories also explore briefly the recent controversy surrounding proxy baptisms for the dead, which take place in LDS temples.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 69
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3
- LDS missionaries share messages about... 2
- Cracks in the ‘stained-glass... 2
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence 2