Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Local government leaders are looking to harness the power of the sun.
Mayors of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Midvale City, Park City and West Valley — representing the Wasatch Solar Challenge Team — formally launched efforts to lower the cost and simplify the process for residential and commercial solar energy projects on Tuesday.
The team is a coalition of six local governments led by Salt Lake City, the official award recipient of the U.S. Department of Energy's Rooftop Solar Challenge funding.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 23
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11