Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Local government leaders are looking to harness the power of the sun.
Mayors of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Midvale City, Park City and West Valley — representing the Wasatch Solar Challenge Team — formally launched efforts to lower the cost and simplify the process for residential and commercial solar energy projects on Tuesday.
The team is a coalition of six local governments led by Salt Lake City, the official award recipient of the U.S. Department of Energy's Rooftop Solar Challenge funding.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29