Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Local government leaders are looking to harness the power of the sun.
Mayors of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Midvale City, Park City and West Valley — representing the Wasatch Solar Challenge Team — formally launched efforts to lower the cost and simplify the process for residential and commercial solar energy projects on Tuesday.
The team is a coalition of six local governments led by Salt Lake City, the official award recipient of the U.S. Department of Energy's Rooftop Solar Challenge funding.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Former A.G. John Swallow left office with...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 86
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18