Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Local government leaders are looking to harness the power of the sun.
Mayors of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Midvale City, Park City and West Valley — representing the Wasatch Solar Challenge Team — formally launched efforts to lower the cost and simplify the process for residential and commercial solar energy projects on Tuesday.
The team is a coalition of six local governments led by Salt Lake City, the official award recipient of the U.S. Department of Energy's Rooftop Solar Challenge funding.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 61
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17