"I’m trying to help others, but I know for the rest of my life I’ll be known as The Turkey Lady," she added. "Could have been worse. He could have thrown a ham. I’d be Miss Piggy!"
An amazing story of a woman who was prepared for any challenge or trial that came her way.
The two events made me wonder: Would I have forgiven the young teenager? Am I holding a grudge? Am I weighed down by difficulties that have come into my life?
You can choose to be like Victoria Ruvolo, I told myself.
Some of us are born into or fall into difficult circumstances. We are neglected, abused and even left alone. But we can all shake off that which consumes us, be happy with who we are, take control of our lives, thoughts, actions, and start down the path of true healing and forgiveness.
We all have had sorrows, heartaches, worries, sadness and pains. We have had unfair things happen to us.
We can all get past the point of blaming others. We can gain knowledge, experience, self confidence and obtain the true joy, peace and happiness that we seek.
Dr. Robert Anthony said, “When you blame others, you give up your power to change.”
When we are faced with trials, and we all are, we have two choices: Either become better or let it destroy us.
Blaming others is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find in others, it will not change you.
If you take your life into your own hands, what happens? Something special: there is no one to blame.
So, where does the power lie?
Travis Hansen is a former BYU, NBA (Atlanta Hawks) and Euroleague basketball player. He co-founded the Little Heroes Foundation and is married with three children.
- BYU football notebook: Team captains named,...
- Utah football: The Michigan Wolverines in 6...
- Nebraska hoping for balanced offense attack...
- Cougars football team undergoing reality...
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs this...
- NFL cuts tracker (updated): Former BYU WR...
- Take expletives, not religion, out of football
- Amy Donaldson: Football has helped Ute...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 94
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 30
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- BYU football: With opener one week... 23
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 22
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 20
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs... 17