Bloggernacle Back Bench: Introducing three new blogs, a travel site and a comedy web series
Power pick: Speaking of new, have you heard about “Pretty Darn Funny”? You will. This new comedy web series from Deseret Book follows Gracie Moore, a mom who decides to make her own comedy troupe with the goal to be both funny and clean. Each episode runs between 6-8 minutes and are released each Monday. You can watch the first two here! I love that the Modern Mormon Men via blogger May Jones sat down for a “Pretty Darn Funny Interview with Lisa Valentine Clark” (who plays Gracie Moore) to get the inside scoop. Here’s a sample. May Jones: "You’ve been doing some producing as well as offering input to the writing on the show as well. How does that compare to just showing up and acting?" Lisa Valentine Clark: "It's really different to be on the producing side of things, but I loved giving my opinion and point of view because it is a show, after all, about women in comedy, and I have a lot of experience and opinions about that. I appreciated the fact that Jeff Parkin and Jared Cardon asked me on to this project as an actor and producer. I learned a lot, and I think it adds legitimacy to the project, because I'm a super Mormon-y mom to a lot of kids who wants to laugh, and that's a big part of our demographic. I didn't want Gracie to say or do anything I really wouldn't do or say.” Click in for more and to watch the trailer.
Techie tip: Did you know that you can find a Bible Videos App for Android mobile phones and tablets? It is free and found in the Google Play marketplace. Click to install it today!
Emily Warburton Jensen loves searching through the LDS blog world for developments and testimonies that best capture the ever-evolving LDS online experience. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Praying together to stay together? The role...
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S.
- Understanding DNA testing in family history
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- David Archuleta says ‘most fulfilling...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 68
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 21
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S. 8
- Evangelical leaders denounce Selective... 6
- ... 4