SALT LAKE CITY — TRAX lines downtown were delayed Friday night after a vehicle reportedly made an illegal left turn and collided with a train near 200 West and South Temple, according to Utah Transit Authority officials.
UTA spokesperson Gerry Carpenter said three men where traveling parallel to a train on South Temple when the driver appeared to attempt a turn into the entrance of the Radisson Hotel and collided with the train's front right corner.
Carpenter said the driver received minor injuries. The two male passengers, and the passengers on the train, were unharmed. It is the tenth collision between a TRAX train and a vehicle so far in 2012.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17