SALT LAKE CITY — TRAX lines downtown were delayed Friday night after a vehicle reportedly made an illegal left turn and collided with a train near 200 West and South Temple, according to Utah Transit Authority officials.
UTA spokesperson Gerry Carpenter said three men where traveling parallel to a train on South Temple when the driver appeared to attempt a turn into the entrance of the Radisson Hotel and collided with the train's front right corner.
Carpenter said the driver received minor injuries. The two male passengers, and the passengers on the train, were unharmed. It is the tenth collision between a TRAX train and a vehicle so far in 2012.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 21
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 16