The Kansas City Missouri Temple will opened for tours this weekend, and local newspapers reported that as many as 75,000 visitors from 46 states and nine foreign countries are expected to take a walk through.
The Kansas City Star quotes a local LDS spokeswoman, Janeen Aggen, who said "The hottest ticket in town is free."
The Star cited two reason why the temple in Missouri is significant.
"First, it’s located only a few miles from Liberty, where church prophet Joseph Smith Jr. was imprisoned during the winter of 1838 and 1839," according to the article.
“It’s a great day for us, the church returning to Missouri in a magnificent way to where the prophet Joseph once walked,” said William R. Walker, executive director of the temple department for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The second reason is the number of members who will be using it, with about 66,000 members in both Missouri and Kansas.
The tours were extended an extra week, through April 28, until it will be dedicated by President Thomas S. Monson on May 6.
Many newspapers, including the Missourian, touched on the history the LDS Church has with the Missouri including Gov. Lilburn Boggs issuing an order that Mormons in the state be removed in the 1830s, as well as Joseph Smith incarceration in Liberty Jail in Missouri.
"I'm glad that this temple is here, and it's absolutely lovely. I think it says, 'We here, and we're back,'" Walker said.
In an article on Software Advice, blogger Lauren Carlson states "Three Alternatives to Offshore Your Call Center."
Her second solution profiled JetBlue, and co-founder David Neeleman, who came from a Mormon home with a wife who was a stay-at-home mother.
"Neeleman recognized that this would be a great way for mothers to manage the home and children, while contributing to the household income," according to the article.
Now JetBlue has approximately 1,500 stay-at-home agents, 80 percent of which are females.
"Clearly there’s something to be said for a 'mother’s touch' because JetBlue has consistently higher rates of customer satisfaction than many of their competitors," Carlson wrote.
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- LDS World: Jesus Christ is the solution
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 44
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Christmas without Jesus 19
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 16
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 10
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 8