SALT LAKE CITY — Mayor Ralph Becker and the Salt Lake City Council recently announced the creation of a new Parks, Natural Lands, Trails and Urban Forestry Advisory Board.
The redesigned board will provide more citizen involvement in the stewardship of the city's public lands.
The mayor and Council will select up to 11 residents who will serve as board members of the Division of Parks and Public Lands. Individuals are encouraged to apply for open positions by visiting www.slcgov.com/bc/boards-and-commissions-membership. Filled positions will reflect a range of broad community interests, including geographic, professional, cultural and neighborhood diversity.
Residents are encouraged to submit applications by April 13. Applications after that date are encouraged and kept on hand for reference when vacancies occur and terms expire.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19