SALT LAKE CITY — A gas leak forced the evacuation of the Salt Lake City Marriott University Park Hotel on Friday.
The leak was caused by a break in a half-inch pipe in the boiler room, according to the Salt Lake City Fire Department. About 80 people were escorted out of the hotel just before 7 a.m. They were taken to a nearby building for shelter.
Members of the University of Arizona baseball team were staying at the hotel prior to their game with the University of Utah Friday. Players said they were awakened by the fire alarm.
About an hour later, firefighters determined gas levels inside the hotel had dropped back to a safe level and guests were allowed to return to their rooms.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Women innovators leading by example
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 72
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 18
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10