SALT LAKE CITY — A gas leak forced the evacuation of the Salt Lake City Marriott University Park Hotel on Friday.
The leak was caused by a break in a half-inch pipe in the boiler room, according to the Salt Lake City Fire Department. About 80 people were escorted out of the hotel just before 7 a.m. They were taken to a nearby building for shelter.
Members of the University of Arizona baseball team were staying at the hotel prior to their game with the University of Utah Friday. Players said they were awakened by the fire alarm.
About an hour later, firefighters determined gas levels inside the hotel had dropped back to a safe level and guests were allowed to return to their rooms.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 103
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 42
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17