SALT LAKE CITY — Steven Powell told a coworker that he was camping with Josh Powell and his sons the night Susan Cox Powell went missing, an attorney for the Cox family said Thursday.
If true, the information would provide the first connection between the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell on Dec. 7, 2009 and Steven Powell, whose whereabouts that night has never been determined.
Seattle attorney Anne Bremner said the coworker gave her the information because of frustration with law enforcement authorities, who had known of the exchange with Steven Powell as early as 2010.
Steven Powell is currently in jail in Washington on charges of voyeurism and child pornography. He has never been named as a suspect in the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell but Bremner said the new information could strengthen a case against him.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9