SALT LAKE CITY — Steven Powell told a coworker that he was camping with Josh Powell and his sons the night Susan Cox Powell went missing, an attorney for the Cox family said Thursday.
If true, the information would provide the first connection between the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell on Dec. 7, 2009 and Steven Powell, whose whereabouts that night has never been determined.
Seattle attorney Anne Bremner said the coworker gave her the information because of frustration with law enforcement authorities, who had known of the exchange with Steven Powell as early as 2010.
Steven Powell is currently in jail in Washington on charges of voyeurism and child pornography. He has never been named as a suspect in the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell but Bremner said the new information could strengthen a case against him.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 27
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9