SALT LAKE CITY — Steven Powell told a coworker that he was camping with Josh Powell and his sons the night Susan Cox Powell went missing, an attorney for the Cox family said Thursday.
If true, the information would provide the first connection between the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell on Dec. 7, 2009 and Steven Powell, whose whereabouts that night has never been determined.
Seattle attorney Anne Bremner said the coworker gave her the information because of frustration with law enforcement authorities, who had known of the exchange with Steven Powell as early as 2010.
Steven Powell is currently in jail in Washington on charges of voyeurism and child pornography. He has never been named as a suspect in the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell but Bremner said the new information could strengthen a case against him.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah State aviation student dead after plane...
- Twila Van Leer: My nomination of 3 Mormon...
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14