SALT LAKE CITY — Steven Powell told a coworker that he was camping with Josh Powell and his sons the night Susan Cox Powell went missing, an attorney for the Cox family said Thursday.
If true, the information would provide the first connection between the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell on Dec. 7, 2009 and Steven Powell, whose whereabouts that night has never been determined.
Seattle attorney Anne Bremner said the coworker gave her the information because of frustration with law enforcement authorities, who had known of the exchange with Steven Powell as early as 2010.
Steven Powell is currently in jail in Washington on charges of voyeurism and child pornography. He has never been named as a suspect in the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell but Bremner said the new information could strengthen a case against him.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 35
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 17