SALT LAKE CITY — Steven Powell told a coworker that he was camping with Josh Powell and his sons the night Susan Cox Powell went missing, an attorney for the Cox family said Thursday.
If true, the information would provide the first connection between the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell on Dec. 7, 2009 and Steven Powell, whose whereabouts that night has never been determined.
Seattle attorney Anne Bremner said the coworker gave her the information because of frustration with law enforcement authorities, who had known of the exchange with Steven Powell as early as 2010.
Steven Powell is currently in jail in Washington on charges of voyeurism and child pornography. He has never been named as a suspect in the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell but Bremner said the new information could strengthen a case against him.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11