SALT LAKE CITY — Sen. George Mitchell, former U.S. Special Envoy for Middle East Peace, will be the keynote speaker at the 2012 World Leaders Lecture Forum, sponsored by the University of Utah’s Tanner Humanities Center.
Mitchell served the Obama administration as envoy from 2009-2011. He was appointed to the U.S. Senate in 1980 to complete the unexpired term of Sen. Edmund Muskie of Maine. He left the Senate in 1995 as majority leader, a position he had held since January 1989.
Mitchell’s lecture, titled “Turmoil in the Middle East: Its Effect on U.S. Foreign Policy,” is April 19 at 10 a.m. in Libby Gardner Hall, 1375 E. Presidents Circle. This event is free and open to the public.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18