As an Easter gift to the world, the LDS Church today released "He is Risen," a seven-and-a-half-minute video focused on the last week of Jesus Christ's mortal life.
The video, which can be viewed and downloaded at lds.org, is a compilation of several of the church's new series of Bible videos based on the Life of Jesus Christ, taken directly from the language of the King James version of the New Testament. The new videos from the series being used in "He is Risen" include:
The Savior's triumphal entry into Jerusalem
The Last Supper
The intercessory prayer
Jesus before the Sanhedrin
Jesus brought before Pilate
The scourging and crucifixion of Christ
Jesus' body is laid in a tomb
And Jesus is resurrected
There are also free mobile apps for both Apple and Android platforms available through the Bible videos website.
"The Church is pleased to add these new vignettes to The Life of Jesus Christ Bible Videos library and mobile app as the Easter season approaches," said Elder Patrick Kearon of the church's First Quorum of the Seventy. "These videos can help individuals visualize the ministry, sacrifice, and Resurrection of our Savior. We invite everyone to share these resources with friends and family and to apply the teachings they represent in their own lives."
The compiled “He is Risen” video has been edited with new music and graphics to fit into the extended format. Like all of the videos in the Bible videos series, "He is Risen" is available to the general public free of charge. Last December, President Henry B. Eyring said the video series is a "gift to the world" from the church.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals who...
- Thousands of youth participate in the Days of...
- Catholic leaders speak out as controversy...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 42
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 33
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9
- Who boos an opening prayer? The... 7
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 7