Former Govenor Jon Huntsman to speak at USU-Eastern commencement
PRICE — Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman will give the commencement address to graduates at Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah, the school announced Monday.
Huntsman left office in August 2009, during his second term as governor, after he was tapped by President Barack Obama to be the United States' ambassador to China. He resigned the ambassadorship in April 2011 to launch his bid for the Republican nomination for president.
Huntsman left the campaign trail in January. He is now serving as chairman of the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, and serves on the boards of Ford Motor Co., Caterpillar Corp., and the U.S. Naval Academy Foundation.
“We are deeply honored to have Governor Huntsman join us on such a momentous occasion,” said USU-Eastern Chancellor Joe Peterson in a statement.
“He brings with him a wealth of state and international knowledge that is truly unique," Peterson said. "The depth and scope of his perspectives and personal experiences are sure to inspire our students.”
Commencement exercises in Price will take place April 28 beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26