AG Mark Shurtleff endorses Carl Wimmer in Utah's 4th Congressional District race
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Carl Wimmer picked up the backing of Utah's top cop in the 4th Congressional District race.
Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff endorsed the former Republican state House member in a statement Monday. He called Wimmer an excellent legislator and the candidate best prepared to represent the 4th District.
"I have worked with Carl on several major pieces of legislation, including strengthening laws against child predators. His work has been invaluable in our fight against Obamacare," Shurtleff said.
Other Republicans in the race include former Utah House member Stephen Sandstrom, Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love and attorney Jay Cobb. Congressman Jim Matheson is the Democratic candidate.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18