Kristin Murphy, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Carl Wimmer picked up the backing of Utah's top cop in the 4th Congressional District race.
Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff endorsed the former Republican state House member in a statement Monday. He called Wimmer an excellent legislator and the candidate best prepared to represent the 4th District.
"I have worked with Carl on several major pieces of legislation, including strengthening laws against child predators. His work has been invaluable in our fight against Obamacare," Shurtleff said.
Other Republicans in the race include former Utah House member Stephen Sandstrom, Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love and attorney Jay Cobb. Congressman Jim Matheson is the Democratic candidate.
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Parties have now finalized arguments in...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- 25-year-old man dies after losing control of...
- Kaysville man with MS shares hope with others
- Can House speaker be a 'real fighter' in...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 73
- Parties have now finalized arguments in... 53
- British judge hears arguments in case... 47
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 36
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 29