AG Mark Shurtleff endorses Carl Wimmer in Utah's 4th Congressional District race
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Carl Wimmer picked up the backing of Utah's top cop in the 4th Congressional District race.
Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff endorsed the former Republican state House member in a statement Monday. He called Wimmer an excellent legislator and the candidate best prepared to represent the 4th District.
"I have worked with Carl on several major pieces of legislation, including strengthening laws against child predators. His work has been invaluable in our fight against Obamacare," Shurtleff said.
Other Republicans in the race include former Utah House member Stephen Sandstrom, Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love and attorney Jay Cobb. Congressman Jim Matheson is the Democratic candidate.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 81
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15