AG Mark Shurtleff endorses Carl Wimmer in Utah's 4th Congressional District race
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Carl Wimmer picked up the backing of Utah's top cop in the 4th Congressional District race.
Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff endorsed the former Republican state House member in a statement Monday. He called Wimmer an excellent legislator and the candidate best prepared to represent the 4th District.
"I have worked with Carl on several major pieces of legislation, including strengthening laws against child predators. His work has been invaluable in our fight against Obamacare," Shurtleff said.
Other Republicans in the race include former Utah House member Stephen Sandstrom, Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love and attorney Jay Cobb. Congressman Jim Matheson is the Democratic candidate.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7