Place 4 of the sweet rolls on a baking sheet; this will be the bunny’s face. Unroll the remaining 4 rolls. Fold each unrolled roll in half, then each half in half again, creating bunny ears. Place each one touching the top of a roll placed on the cookie sheet. Adjust accordingly to make bunny ears.
Bake according to package directions. Use the frosting included to frost the bunny ears and face.
Once frosted place 2 M&M’s on each bunny making eyes. Use a rain for the nose and 2 sliced almonds for the teeth.
Coconut macaroon Nutella nests
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg white
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3-1/2 cups sweetened coconut
1 cup Nutella
M&M Speck-tacular Eggs (or other Easter candy)
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and mix well. With a spoon, scoop up about 3 Tablespoons of the dough and place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Form the cookies into the shape of a bird's nest. Press down the center with your thumb. Bake cookies for 17 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and press your thumb down in the center of the nests again. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, or until they are firm and set. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack. Cool completely. Place about a tablespoon of Nutella in the center of each nest. Place 3 egg candies in the center of the nest. Finish decorating the nests and serve.
(All recipes are used with permission from the authors.)
Karen is the author of "365 Days of Slow Cooking." Visit her blog at 365daysofcrockpot.com.
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- The problems grandparents face when...
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- A letter to my boys: The real reason I say no...
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 8
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 6
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- Ask Mr. Dad: How to handle stress of... 2
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 2
- What causes do men care about? Kids and... 1
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof... 1