Police investigate teenage boy's sudden death in Bountiful
BOUNTIFUL — A teenage boy died after he abruptly fell ill while playing tag with his friends Friday night and went into apparent cardiac arrest.
Police Sgt. Gary Kohen said Monty Davis, 15, of Bountiful, was with a group of friends outside Oak Hills Elementary School, 1235 E. 600 South, when he sat down on the grass to take a rest.
His friend told officers later that Davis did not look well and appeared to fall asleep. When the friends tried to wake him, however, he was unresponsive and his breathing was shallow, Kohen said.
Emergency crews were called at 9:20 p.m., and said Davis was in full cardiac arrest. He was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Kohen said police will work with the state Medical Examiner's office to determine what health issues were the underlying cause of Davis' death.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 25