Police investigate teenage boy's sudden death in Bountiful
BOUNTIFUL — A teenage boy died after he abruptly fell ill while playing tag with his friends Friday night and went into apparent cardiac arrest.
Police Sgt. Gary Kohen said Monty Davis, 15, of Bountiful, was with a group of friends outside Oak Hills Elementary School, 1235 E. 600 South, when he sat down on the grass to take a rest.
His friend told officers later that Davis did not look well and appeared to fall asleep. When the friends tried to wake him, however, he was unresponsive and his breathing was shallow, Kohen said.
Emergency crews were called at 9:20 p.m., and said Davis was in full cardiac arrest. He was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Kohen said police will work with the state Medical Examiner's office to determine what health issues were the underlying cause of Davis' death.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9