Police investigate teenage boy's sudden death in Bountiful
BOUNTIFUL — A teenage boy died after he abruptly fell ill while playing tag with his friends Friday night and went into apparent cardiac arrest.
Police Sgt. Gary Kohen said Monty Davis, 15, of Bountiful, was with a group of friends outside Oak Hills Elementary School, 1235 E. 600 South, when he sat down on the grass to take a rest.
His friend told officers later that Davis did not look well and appeared to fall asleep. When the friends tried to wake him, however, he was unresponsive and his breathing was shallow, Kohen said.
Emergency crews were called at 9:20 p.m., and said Davis was in full cardiac arrest. He was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Kohen said police will work with the state Medical Examiner's office to determine what health issues were the underlying cause of Davis' death.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 103
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 42
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19