Police investigate teenage boy's sudden death in Bountiful
BOUNTIFUL — A teenage boy died after he abruptly fell ill while playing tag with his friends Friday night and went into apparent cardiac arrest.
Police Sgt. Gary Kohen said Monty Davis, 15, of Bountiful, was with a group of friends outside Oak Hills Elementary School, 1235 E. 600 South, when he sat down on the grass to take a rest.
His friend told officers later that Davis did not look well and appeared to fall asleep. When the friends tried to wake him, however, he was unresponsive and his breathing was shallow, Kohen said.
Emergency crews were called at 9:20 p.m., and said Davis was in full cardiac arrest. He was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Kohen said police will work with the state Medical Examiner's office to determine what health issues were the underlying cause of Davis' death.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- 8 injured in 3-car West Haven crash
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11