Police investigate teenage boy's sudden death in Bountiful
BOUNTIFUL — A teenage boy died after he abruptly fell ill while playing tag with his friends Friday night and went into apparent cardiac arrest.
Police Sgt. Gary Kohen said Monty Davis, 15, of Bountiful, was with a group of friends outside Oak Hills Elementary School, 1235 E. 600 South, when he sat down on the grass to take a rest.
His friend told officers later that Davis did not look well and appeared to fall asleep. When the friends tried to wake him, however, he was unresponsive and his breathing was shallow, Kohen said.
Emergency crews were called at 9:20 p.m., and said Davis was in full cardiac arrest. He was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Kohen said police will work with the state Medical Examiner's office to determine what health issues were the underlying cause of Davis' death.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 2 charged in attack on gay men; prosecutor...
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10