Political party conventions will be held in April on the county and state level, where delegates will select nominees for their respective parties.
The following is a list of candidates running for state, legislative and county offices in Davis, Salt Lake and Utah counties, where party conventions will be held April 14. State party conventions will be held April 21.
Andrew McCullough, Libertarian, attorney for McCullough & Associates, LLC
Sean Reyes, Republican, former president of the Utah Minority Bar
John Swallow, Republican, chief deputy attorney general
Dee Smith, Democrat, Weber County attorney
Richard Proctor, Constitution
John Dougall, Republican, State Rep., District 27
Auston Johnson (incumbent), Republican
Mark Sage, Democrat
Richard Ellis (incumbent), Republican
Vincent Marcus, Libertarian
Christopher Stout, Democrat, founder of SalesTaxSolutions.US
Salt Lake County Mayor
Mark Crockett, Republican
Merrill Cook, Republican
Mike Winder, Republican
Larry Decker, Republican
Ben McAdams, Democrat
Gary Ott, Republican
Ross Romero, Democrat
Richard Snelgrove, Republican
County Council At Large C
Melvin Nimer, Republican
Joseph Demma, Republican
Jim Bradley (incumbent), Democrat
Steve Harmsen, Republican
County Council 4
Paul Nielson, Democrat
Deb Henry, Democrat
Missy Larsen, Republican
Craig Ward, Republican
Jeff Hatch, Democrat
Rainer Huck, Republican
Sam Granato, Democrat
County Council 6
Paul Recanzone, Democrat
Max Burdick (incumbent), Republican
Davis County Commissioner
Steve Anderson, Republican
Platte Evans Clark, Democrat
Mark Jacobs, Republican
John Petroff (incumbent), Republican
Terry Spencer, Republican
Utah County Commission Seat C
Incombent: Larry Ellertson
Larry Ellertson (incumbent), Republican
John Morris, Republican
Larry Hunter, Republican
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost solution...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15