Brian Nicholson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Rep. Stephen Sandstrom announced his resignation from the Utah Legislature on Thursday.
The Orem Republican, a candidate for the state's new 4th Congressional District seat, also moved to Saratoga Springs. Though not required by law, he said he wants to live in the district in which he is seeking office.
Sandstrom was elected to the Legislature in 2006. His resignation is effective March 31.
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 60
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 40
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 18
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13