Brian Nicholson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Rep. Stephen Sandstrom announced his resignation from the Utah Legislature on Thursday.
The Orem Republican, a candidate for the state's new 4th Congressional District seat, also moved to Saratoga Springs. Though not required by law, he said he wants to live in the district in which he is seeking office.
Sandstrom was elected to the Legislature in 2006. His resignation is effective March 31.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17