Brian Nicholson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Rep. Stephen Sandstrom announced his resignation from the Utah Legislature on Thursday.
The Orem Republican, a candidate for the state's new 4th Congressional District seat, also moved to Saratoga Springs. Though not required by law, he said he wants to live in the district in which he is seeking office.
Sandstrom was elected to the Legislature in 2006. His resignation is effective March 31.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26