Brian Nicholson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Rep. Stephen Sandstrom announced his resignation from the Utah Legislature on Thursday.
The Orem Republican, a candidate for the state's new 4th Congressional District seat, also moved to Saratoga Springs. Though not required by law, he said he wants to live in the district in which he is seeking office.
Sandstrom was elected to the Legislature in 2006. His resignation is effective March 31.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Bingham High students walk out over... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 17