Brian Nicholson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Rep. Stephen Sandstrom announced his resignation from the Utah Legislature on Thursday.
The Orem Republican, a candidate for the state's new 4th Congressional District seat, also moved to Saratoga Springs. Though not required by law, he said he wants to live in the district in which he is seeking office.
Sandstrom was elected to the Legislature in 2006. His resignation is effective March 31.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23