OREM — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams will host the second annual UVU Collegiate on Friday at the Hal Wing Track and Field.
Along with Utah Valley, all the Div. I in-state schools will be there along with Colorado Mesa University (formerly Mesa State) and Idaho State University.
Action gets underway at 8:30 a.m. with the women's hammer throw and the men's shot put. Jumping events begin at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump.
The steeplechase will kick off the running events at 12:30 p.m. The meet will end around 4:30 p.m. with the 4x400 relays.
Admission is $2 for spectators 12 years of age and above.
The meet can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
The Wolverines have been off since the Aztec Invitational in San Diego two weeks ago. There, Aleina Eisenhauer-Winger recorded a pair of top-five finishes with a second-place finish in the 800-meter open (2:12.28) and a fifth-place finish in the 1,500-meter invitational (4:31.79).
Behind Eisenhauer-Winger in the 800 meters, Shelise Walker (2:13.44) was fourth.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 57
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37