OREM — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams will host the second annual UVU Collegiate on Friday at the Hal Wing Track and Field.
Along with Utah Valley, all the Div. I in-state schools will be there along with Colorado Mesa University (formerly Mesa State) and Idaho State University.
Action gets underway at 8:30 a.m. with the women's hammer throw and the men's shot put. Jumping events begin at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump.
The steeplechase will kick off the running events at 12:30 p.m. The meet will end around 4:30 p.m. with the 4x400 relays.
Admission is $2 for spectators 12 years of age and above.
The meet can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
The Wolverines have been off since the Aztec Invitational in San Diego two weeks ago. There, Aleina Eisenhauer-Winger recorded a pair of top-five finishes with a second-place finish in the 800-meter open (2:12.28) and a fifth-place finish in the 1,500-meter invitational (4:31.79).
Behind Eisenhauer-Winger in the 800 meters, Shelise Walker (2:13.44) was fourth.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34