OREM — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams will host the second annual UVU Collegiate on Friday at the Hal Wing Track and Field.
Along with Utah Valley, all the Div. I in-state schools will be there along with Colorado Mesa University (formerly Mesa State) and Idaho State University.
Action gets underway at 8:30 a.m. with the women's hammer throw and the men's shot put. Jumping events begin at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump.
The steeplechase will kick off the running events at 12:30 p.m. The meet will end around 4:30 p.m. with the 4x400 relays.
Admission is $2 for spectators 12 years of age and above.
The meet can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
The Wolverines have been off since the Aztec Invitational in San Diego two weeks ago. There, Aleina Eisenhauer-Winger recorded a pair of top-five finishes with a second-place finish in the 800-meter open (2:12.28) and a fifth-place finish in the 1,500-meter invitational (4:31.79).
Behind Eisenhauer-Winger in the 800 meters, Shelise Walker (2:13.44) was fourth.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22