OREM — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams will host the second annual UVU Collegiate on Friday at the Hal Wing Track and Field.
Along with Utah Valley, all the Div. I in-state schools will be there along with Colorado Mesa University (formerly Mesa State) and Idaho State University.
Action gets underway at 8:30 a.m. with the women's hammer throw and the men's shot put. Jumping events begin at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump.
The steeplechase will kick off the running events at 12:30 p.m. The meet will end around 4:30 p.m. with the 4x400 relays.
Admission is $2 for spectators 12 years of age and above.
The meet can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
The Wolverines have been off since the Aztec Invitational in San Diego two weeks ago. There, Aleina Eisenhauer-Winger recorded a pair of top-five finishes with a second-place finish in the 800-meter open (2:12.28) and a fifth-place finish in the 1,500-meter invitational (4:31.79).
Behind Eisenhauer-Winger in the 800 meters, Shelise Walker (2:13.44) was fourth.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 74
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 61
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52