OREM — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams will host the second annual UVU Collegiate on Friday at the Hal Wing Track and Field.
Along with Utah Valley, all the Div. I in-state schools will be there along with Colorado Mesa University (formerly Mesa State) and Idaho State University.
Action gets underway at 8:30 a.m. with the women's hammer throw and the men's shot put. Jumping events begin at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump.
The steeplechase will kick off the running events at 12:30 p.m. The meet will end around 4:30 p.m. with the 4x400 relays.
Admission is $2 for spectators 12 years of age and above.
The meet can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
The Wolverines have been off since the Aztec Invitational in San Diego two weeks ago. There, Aleina Eisenhauer-Winger recorded a pair of top-five finishes with a second-place finish in the 800-meter open (2:12.28) and a fifth-place finish in the 1,500-meter invitational (4:31.79).
Behind Eisenhauer-Winger in the 800 meters, Shelise Walker (2:13.44) was fourth.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25