David Archuleta is about to leave on his two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and on Wednesday posted the following statement along with a 7-minute video on his YouTube channel:
"Just one more vlog from home for a while before I leave on my mission. It has been an emotional week with family and friends. Just wanted to thank all of you for the support you have giving me for the last 4 years. Will see you all in 2 years."
While the exact details of his mission are unknown, a family friend has confirmed he will be serving in Chile, but the specific mission and location were not released.
Read ksl.com's report from Josh Furlong: David Archuleta begins 2-year missionary service
- Davis High teacher faces rape charges
- Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS...
- Ogden couple not giving up hope on finding...
- Timeline: 3 years after Provo Tabernacle...
- Rep. Jim Matheson says he won't run for...
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a trailer
- Utah-based 'Kid History' collaborates with...
- Family of child who survived abuse raises...
- Rep. Jim Matheson says he won't run for... 78
- Minimum wage debate rages on 23
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher... 17
- State GOP Central Committee chooses... 16
- Economy strong but face of Utah... 14
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a... 12
- UVU plans campus shooting simulation... 11
- Study finds 50 percent of police... 10