PANGUITCH — The Powell Ranger District of Dixie National Forest will open the Red Canyon Visitor Center for the 2012 season on April 6.
The center will initially be open Friday through Monday during April, and then expand operations to seven days a week starting May 1. Hours of operation will be 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. The center has a bookstore, art gallery and interpretive displays highlighting the area’s resources, along with current events and activities taking place in the Red Canyon area.
This coming season, interpretive programs in geology, solar observation and night sky programs will be presented at the visitors center and Red Canyon Campground. The Red Canyon Visitor Center will again partner with Bryce Canyon National Park to provide the solar scoping and night sky programs, which were very popular during the 2011 season.
The Art Gallery at the visitors center will have three painting exhibits this season featuring local southern Utah artists. The opening art exhibit will be Panguitch artist Virginia Valcourt, a painter who will feature oil paintings along with pen and ink drawings of the Red Canyon area. The exhibit will run April 6 through June 6 and will be open during regular visitor center hours.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9