SALT LAKE CITY — Laura S. Kaiser is the new executive vice president and chief operating officer of Intermountain Healthcare.
She previously was president and chief executive officer of Sacred Heart Health System based in Pensacola, Fla., and Ministry Market Leader for the Gulf Coast/Florida region of Ascension Health, the nation’s largest Catholic nonprofit healthcare organization.
Kaiser will oversee health care delivery at Intermountain, including services provided at 22 hospitals and more than 185 clinics. She succeeds Joseph R. Horton, who retired at the end of December.
“Laura brings a wealth of experience as a health care executive,” said Dr. Charles W. Sorenson, president and CEO of Intermountain Healthcare. “She has held leadership positions in a variety of settings including health systems, community hospitals, physician clinics and national consulting firms.”
A native of St. Louis, Kaiser earned an MBA and a Master of Healthcare Administration from Saint Louis University and a Bachelor of Science degree in health services management from the University of Missouri. She is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and has served on several boards, including those of the American Red Cross, Daughters of Charity Foundation, Florida Hospital Association and the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Salt Lake County rents continue to climb
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right to...
- Transportation plan focuses on mass transit...
- Report examines the needs of Utah's growing...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- Summertime and TV are heating up with new,...
- Mountain Point Medical Center opens in Lehi
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 43
- Salt Lake County rents continue to climb 9
- Why the presidential candidate who... 3
- 1 number you should check each year to... 2
- Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya... 1
- Obama's trade agenda faces tougher odds... 1
- Summertime and TV are heating up with... 1
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget... 1