SALT LAKE CITY — Laura S. Kaiser is the new executive vice president and chief operating officer of Intermountain Healthcare.
She previously was president and chief executive officer of Sacred Heart Health System based in Pensacola, Fla., and Ministry Market Leader for the Gulf Coast/Florida region of Ascension Health, the nation’s largest Catholic nonprofit healthcare organization.
Kaiser will oversee health care delivery at Intermountain, including services provided at 22 hospitals and more than 185 clinics. She succeeds Joseph R. Horton, who retired at the end of December.
“Laura brings a wealth of experience as a health care executive,” said Dr. Charles W. Sorenson, president and CEO of Intermountain Healthcare. “She has held leadership positions in a variety of settings including health systems, community hospitals, physician clinics and national consulting firms.”
A native of St. Louis, Kaiser earned an MBA and a Master of Healthcare Administration from Saint Louis University and a Bachelor of Science degree in health services management from the University of Missouri. She is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and has served on several boards, including those of the American Red Cross, Daughters of Charity Foundation, Florida Hospital Association and the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Renewable energy advocates decry proposed...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Overstock employees ride bicycles to work to...
- The Gateway adding new dining concept
- Batman's true mission: The search for...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 12
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 4
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 4
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2