SALT LAKE CITY — Laura S. Kaiser is the new executive vice president and chief operating officer of Intermountain Healthcare.
She previously was president and chief executive officer of Sacred Heart Health System based in Pensacola, Fla., and Ministry Market Leader for the Gulf Coast/Florida region of Ascension Health, the nation’s largest Catholic nonprofit healthcare organization.
Kaiser will oversee health care delivery at Intermountain, including services provided at 22 hospitals and more than 185 clinics. She succeeds Joseph R. Horton, who retired at the end of December.
“Laura brings a wealth of experience as a health care executive,” said Dr. Charles W. Sorenson, president and CEO of Intermountain Healthcare. “She has held leadership positions in a variety of settings including health systems, community hospitals, physician clinics and national consulting firms.”
A native of St. Louis, Kaiser earned an MBA and a Master of Healthcare Administration from Saint Louis University and a Bachelor of Science degree in health services management from the University of Missouri. She is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and has served on several boards, including those of the American Red Cross, Daughters of Charity Foundation, Florida Hospital Association and the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies...
- David Sturt and Todd Nordstrom: Don't forget...
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and Giving...
- From world-class soldier to world-class...
- Utahns' charitable nature unique
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- Obama shops at Washington bookstore,... 5
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and... 4
- Utahns urged to shift spending during... 4
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 4
- In time for the holidays, S.L. Comic... 2
- Yahoo's CEO is running out of time to... 1