SALT LAKE CITY — Laura S. Kaiser is the new executive vice president and chief operating officer of Intermountain Healthcare.
She previously was president and chief executive officer of Sacred Heart Health System based in Pensacola, Fla., and Ministry Market Leader for the Gulf Coast/Florida region of Ascension Health, the nation’s largest Catholic nonprofit healthcare organization.
Kaiser will oversee health care delivery at Intermountain, including services provided at 22 hospitals and more than 185 clinics. She succeeds Joseph R. Horton, who retired at the end of December.
“Laura brings a wealth of experience as a health care executive,” said Dr. Charles W. Sorenson, president and CEO of Intermountain Healthcare. “She has held leadership positions in a variety of settings including health systems, community hospitals, physician clinics and national consulting firms.”
A native of St. Louis, Kaiser earned an MBA and a Master of Healthcare Administration from Saint Louis University and a Bachelor of Science degree in health services management from the University of Missouri. She is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and has served on several boards, including those of the American Red Cross, Daughters of Charity Foundation, Florida Hospital Association and the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Syracuse man develops router to keep Internet...
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job...
- UTA board approves new pay plan for...
- FDA to scrutinize unproven alternative remedies
- Gillette company does work for NASA
- Salt Lake City to become next Google Fiber city
- UDOT campaigning to reduce work zone crashes
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US broadband...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- UTA board approves new pay plan for... 11
- Why you should begin planning for... 9
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic... 3
- The middle class has had a rough couple... 2
- Stericycle medical waste incinerator... 2
- 2015 mortgage rate trends: What house... 1