SALT LAKE CITY — Laura S. Kaiser is the new executive vice president and chief operating officer of Intermountain Healthcare.
She previously was president and chief executive officer of Sacred Heart Health System based in Pensacola, Fla., and Ministry Market Leader for the Gulf Coast/Florida region of Ascension Health, the nation’s largest Catholic nonprofit healthcare organization.
Kaiser will oversee health care delivery at Intermountain, including services provided at 22 hospitals and more than 185 clinics. She succeeds Joseph R. Horton, who retired at the end of December.
“Laura brings a wealth of experience as a health care executive,” said Dr. Charles W. Sorenson, president and CEO of Intermountain Healthcare. “She has held leadership positions in a variety of settings including health systems, community hospitals, physician clinics and national consulting firms.”
A native of St. Louis, Kaiser earned an MBA and a Master of Healthcare Administration from Saint Louis University and a Bachelor of Science degree in health services management from the University of Missouri. She is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and has served on several boards, including those of the American Red Cross, Daughters of Charity Foundation, Florida Hospital Association and the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 4 charged in year-long copper thefts at Utah...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of...
- Children's museum celebrates 35 years of play
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 27
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4