PLEASANT VIEW, Weber County — A Weber High School administrator has been fired over allegations of misconduct in his personal life and law enforcement officials are conducting an investigation into the matter.
Vice Principal Jim Bell was in his 15th year in the district, according to Weber School District spokesman Nate Taggart. Allegations of misconduct surfaced in early March. He said Bell was placed on administrative leave March 8 and he was handed a letter of termination on March 21.
Taggart declined to comment on the nature of the allegations, but the Weber School District notified North Ogden police about them.
A specific inquiry about Bell Tuesday prompted a statement from the police department. The statement did not name Bell, but revealed “an unspecified allegation involving a female juvenile” relative. It said the “alleged offense” took place in North Ogden, but because of information received, the Pocatello Police Department in Idaho was taking over the lead in the investigation.
The statement said North Ogden police were not able to discuss the case with either the “victim or alleged suspect to confirm what, if any, offenses occurred” within the city’s jurisdiction.
When asked about Bell, Pocatello police spokeswoman Diane Brush said the department could not comment because it was too early in the investigation.
Taggart said Bell could still appeal his firing.
Attempts to locate Bell for comment Tuesday were unsuccessful.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21