PLEASANT VIEW, Weber County — A Weber High School administrator has been fired over allegations of misconduct in his personal life and law enforcement officials are conducting an investigation into the matter.
Vice Principal Jim Bell was in his 15th year in the district, according to Weber School District spokesman Nate Taggart. Allegations of misconduct surfaced in early March. He said Bell was placed on administrative leave March 8 and he was handed a letter of termination on March 21.
Taggart declined to comment on the nature of the allegations, but the Weber School District notified North Ogden police about them.
A specific inquiry about Bell Tuesday prompted a statement from the police department. The statement did not name Bell, but revealed “an unspecified allegation involving a female juvenile” relative. It said the “alleged offense” took place in North Ogden, but because of information received, the Pocatello Police Department in Idaho was taking over the lead in the investigation.
The statement said North Ogden police were not able to discuss the case with either the “victim or alleged suspect to confirm what, if any, offenses occurred” within the city’s jurisdiction.
When asked about Bell, Pocatello police spokeswoman Diane Brush said the department could not comment because it was too early in the investigation.
Taggart said Bell could still appeal his firing.
Attempts to locate Bell for comment Tuesday were unsuccessful.
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 118
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 44
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS... 16