PLEASANT VIEW, Weber County — A Weber High School administrator has been fired over allegations of misconduct in his personal life and law enforcement officials are conducting an investigation into the matter.
Vice Principal Jim Bell was in his 15th year in the district, according to Weber School District spokesman Nate Taggart. Allegations of misconduct surfaced in early March. He said Bell was placed on administrative leave March 8 and he was handed a letter of termination on March 21.
Taggart declined to comment on the nature of the allegations, but the Weber School District notified North Ogden police about them.
A specific inquiry about Bell Tuesday prompted a statement from the police department. The statement did not name Bell, but revealed “an unspecified allegation involving a female juvenile” relative. It said the “alleged offense” took place in North Ogden, but because of information received, the Pocatello Police Department in Idaho was taking over the lead in the investigation.
The statement said North Ogden police were not able to discuss the case with either the “victim or alleged suspect to confirm what, if any, offenses occurred” within the city’s jurisdiction.
When asked about Bell, Pocatello police spokeswoman Diane Brush said the department could not comment because it was too early in the investigation.
Taggart said Bell could still appeal his firing.
Attempts to locate Bell for comment Tuesday were unsuccessful.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24