PLEASANT VIEW, Weber County — A Weber High School administrator has been fired over allegations of misconduct in his personal life and law enforcement officials are conducting an investigation into the matter.
Vice Principal Jim Bell was in his 15th year in the district, according to Weber School District spokesman Nate Taggart. Allegations of misconduct surfaced in early March. He said Bell was placed on administrative leave March 8 and he was handed a letter of termination on March 21.
Taggart declined to comment on the nature of the allegations, but the Weber School District notified North Ogden police about them.
A specific inquiry about Bell Tuesday prompted a statement from the police department. The statement did not name Bell, but revealed “an unspecified allegation involving a female juvenile” relative. It said the “alleged offense” took place in North Ogden, but because of information received, the Pocatello Police Department in Idaho was taking over the lead in the investigation.
The statement said North Ogden police were not able to discuss the case with either the “victim or alleged suspect to confirm what, if any, offenses occurred” within the city’s jurisdiction.
When asked about Bell, Pocatello police spokeswoman Diane Brush said the department could not comment because it was too early in the investigation.
Taggart said Bell could still appeal his firing.
Attempts to locate Bell for comment Tuesday were unsuccessful.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12