For Mormonism: “Who Speaks for Mormonism?” So asks and answers blogger Jana Riess in this provocative new post. She explains, “Everyone who has ever been involved in Mormonism, including Tricia Erickson, has some kind of Mormon story. In that sense they — we — can and should speak for Mormonism. We do not speak for the LDS Church, however, and we can't claim expert status merely on the basis of limited involvement and cursory knowledge of Mormonism. Reporters should try to achieve balance (as CNN did by having Mormon scholar Richard Bushman on a panel with Erickson, and as NPR makes a point of doing every day), and Mormon pundits should adopt measures of accountability.” Click in for more!
Tabernacle excavation: What would it be like to take a tour of the Provo “Tabernacle Excavation”? Again, it’s bloggers to the rescue as they detail — through both photos and descriptions — the fun one Primary group had in participating in an official Tabernacle tour. And check out the Provo mayor’s blog post urging all who wish to take part: “If you haven't seen the archaeology dig in the park north of the tabernacle it needs to be on your list of Fun Things To Do in Provo.” Awesome!
Conference resources: I told you there would be more general conference resources popping up through the week. Today, find cute “Free LDS Conference Printables” to decorate your home, or how about a delicious-looking recipe for “French Toast Casserole”? Mmm!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- 'Studio C' cast talks to LDS teens about...
- See why this Christian mother is giving up...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 170
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 35
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 33
- LDS statement could move Utah... 25
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- See why this Christian mother is giving... 11