For Mormonism: “Who Speaks for Mormonism?” So asks and answers blogger Jana Riess in this provocative new post. She explains, “Everyone who has ever been involved in Mormonism, including Tricia Erickson, has some kind of Mormon story. In that sense they — we — can and should speak for Mormonism. We do not speak for the LDS Church, however, and we can't claim expert status merely on the basis of limited involvement and cursory knowledge of Mormonism. Reporters should try to achieve balance (as CNN did by having Mormon scholar Richard Bushman on a panel with Erickson, and as NPR makes a point of doing every day), and Mormon pundits should adopt measures of accountability.” Click in for more!
Tabernacle excavation: What would it be like to take a tour of the Provo “Tabernacle Excavation”? Again, it’s bloggers to the rescue as they detail — through both photos and descriptions — the fun one Primary group had in participating in an official Tabernacle tour. And check out the Provo mayor’s blog post urging all who wish to take part: “If you haven't seen the archaeology dig in the park north of the tabernacle it needs to be on your list of Fun Things To Do in Provo.” Awesome!
Conference resources: I told you there would be more general conference resources popping up through the week. Today, find cute “Free LDS Conference Printables” to decorate your home, or how about a delicious-looking recipe for “French Toast Casserole”? Mmm!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 171
- Why I don’t call myself a... 94
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- General Women's Session focuses on... 29
- State bills to protect religious... 21
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 13
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8