BYU baseball: Freshman Mason Marshall named Rawlings WCC pitcher of week
PROVO — BYU freshman hurler Mason Marshall is the Rawlings West Coast Conference Pitcher of the Week.
Marshall picked up his first collegiate win in BYU’s 12-inning victory and a save in a 10-inning victory at Portland.
Marshall set down the side in order over three innings in a 12-inning triumph at Portland in the series opener, and clinched the series win over the Pilots by closing the door in the tenth of Saturday’s finale. Marshall has yet to allow an earned run in 14.1 innings of work this season, striking out 14 batters.
"He is as dependable as we've ever had," said BYU coach Vance Law. "He throws strikes all the time and has done a tremendous job for us."
Marshall, who stands 5-foot-8, just received an LDS Church mission call to the Philippines.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21