BYU baseball: Freshman Mason Marshall named Rawlings WCC pitcher of week
PROVO — BYU freshman hurler Mason Marshall is the Rawlings West Coast Conference Pitcher of the Week.
Marshall picked up his first collegiate win in BYU’s 12-inning victory and a save in a 10-inning victory at Portland.
Marshall set down the side in order over three innings in a 12-inning triumph at Portland in the series opener, and clinched the series win over the Pilots by closing the door in the tenth of Saturday’s finale. Marshall has yet to allow an earned run in 14.1 innings of work this season, striking out 14 batters.
"He is as dependable as we've ever had," said BYU coach Vance Law. "He throws strikes all the time and has done a tremendous job for us."
Marshall, who stands 5-foot-8, just received an LDS Church mission call to the Philippines.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26