BYU baseball: Freshman Mason Marshall named Rawlings WCC pitcher of week
PROVO — BYU freshman hurler Mason Marshall is the Rawlings West Coast Conference Pitcher of the Week.
Marshall picked up his first collegiate win in BYU’s 12-inning victory and a save in a 10-inning victory at Portland.
Marshall set down the side in order over three innings in a 12-inning triumph at Portland in the series opener, and clinched the series win over the Pilots by closing the door in the tenth of Saturday’s finale. Marshall has yet to allow an earned run in 14.1 innings of work this season, striking out 14 batters.
"He is as dependable as we've ever had," said BYU coach Vance Law. "He throws strikes all the time and has done a tremendous job for us."
Marshall, who stands 5-foot-8, just received an LDS Church mission call to the Philippines.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7