Sophomore quarterback Ammon Olsen completed 1-of-3 passes for two yards while redshirt freshman Alex Kuresa was 1-of-4 for six yards, with one interception, and a nine-yard run. Originally, Kuresa was planning to leave for a mission this summer, but has decided to play this season before serving.
Hague picked off Kuresa on the first play of Kuresa's first series.
"Luckily, the ball was overthrown," Hague said. "I actually slipped right before I caught it but I was able to catch it."
On the next play, the defense missed out on a chance to score when safety Jray Galea'i nearly picked off Lark. Galea'i had a clear path to the end zone had he been able to hang on to the ball.
Speaking of Lark's performance this spring, not necessarily of his performance Saturday, Mendenhall said, "He's had, of all the quarterbacks after Riley, an excellent, excellent spring. I think he's gained our team's confidence, which is a huge thing because now it's not just contingent upon how Riley plays. He's elevated his status in the team's perspective."
"I'm really pleased with James," Doman said. "He's in as good a shape as he's been in and his attitude is as good as it's ever been. To his credit, his support level to Riley in a backup role has been impressive to me. But he's always fighting for more opportunities. In the event that he goes in and plays, I think we're in good hands."
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 105
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19