Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
While the men are away, the women get to play at the semiannual "Ladies Night" at Deseret Book.
During the priesthood session of general conference on March 31, Deseret Book locations will host book signings and artist appearances with refreshments and giveaways. They are also offering 20 percent off most regularly priced items and a free framed quote for the first 100 women at each "Ladies Night" location.
A live stream of the events will also be available at www.deseretbook.com/ladiesnight.
Saturday, March 31
Downtown (45 W. South Temple):
Ft. Union (1110 Fort Union Blvd.):
Banana split party featuring BYU Creamery ice cream; musical artist Lyndsi Houskeeper, "Arise and Shine Forth"; artist Jennifer Thompson; Josi Kilpack, "Banana Split"; Wendy Paul, "101 Gourmet Cake Bites"; Anita Stansfield, "Passage on the Titanic"; Fay Klingler, "A Woman's Power: Threads That Bind Us to God"
Bountiful (135 N. 545 West):
Musical artist Sandra Turley, "Sandra Turley: On Broadway"; Julianne Donaldson, "Edenbrooke"
Layton (754 N. Main):
University Village (1076 S. 750 East, Orem):
Artist Cristall Harper; musical performance by Amy Hansen, "Fount of Every Blessing"; Lani Hilton, "What Girls Need to Know About Guys; What Guys Need to Know About Girls"; Emily Freeman, "Love Life and See Good Days"; Sarah Eden, "Friends and Foes"
Valley Fair (3513 S. 2700 West):
Artist Sandra Rast; Angela Eschler and Heather Moore, "Christ's Gifts to Women"; Jennie Hansen, "The Heirs of Southbridge"
Orem Parkway (230 E. University Parkway):
Joni Hilton, "Funeral Potatoes"; Amanda Sowards, "Espionage"
Southpointe (10673 S. State, Sandy):
Judy Olsen, "Angles to Bear You Up"
Riverdale (4151 Riverdale Road):
Holly J. Wood, "Invaluable"
St. George (735 S. Bluff St.):
Jennifer Holt, "Delivering Hope"
Logan (1309 N. Main St.):
Kari Rich, "Heaven Help Us!"
Orange County (2230 E. 17th St., 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.):
Melanie Jacobson, "Twitterpated"
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among...
- See why this woman's decision not to bake a...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- LDS missionary collapses, dies during... 28
- See why this woman's decision not to... 26
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 20
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 15
- LDS mission president's wife dies 14
- Why the world needs rich Christians 13
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 13
- Religious response to postponed... 10