Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
Ticket holders to the live, cinematic broadcast of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” were surprised this week to find out Donny Osmond has postponed two major performances on March 26 and April 4.
The performances, being sold as a sing-along event for the family, were to be a live broadcast from Salt Lake City, which included an introduction from Osmond, a digitally remastered version of the popular Broadway musical filmed at London’s Pinewood Studios, and a question/answer session after the credits.
According to a press statement from NCM Fathom Events, “Donny Osmond has been placed on vocal rest by his doctors and is unable to perform for the planned live event. Fathom Events will evaluate when to reschedule the event once Donny has recovered.”
The musical, originally written as a short 25-minute "pop cantata" in 1968, follows the Old Testament tale of Jacob and his 12 sons. Perceived as the favorite child after being given a decorative coat, Joseph is sold into slavery by his jealous brothers but later rises to greatness through a series of trials and temptations and the divine ability to interpret dreams.
“Joseph is a perennial favorite for audiences throughout the world,” said Austin Shaw of Omniverse Vision. “It’s a first-time musical for so many people who either performed or saw a high school production. The sing-along version has been a huge hit in the UK.”
For those who have already purchased tickets to the live event, fathomevents.com is suggesting customers “contact their customer service department for information about refunds. Ticket holders who purchased at a local movie theater box office may contact the box office directly for refund information. For other information and updates, please visit www.fathomevents.com.”
You can contact Travis Poppleton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Photos: Fall colors over Guardsman Pass
- Photos: Elton John brings 'All The Hits' to Utah
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- ‘Big Bang Theory,’...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2
- Actress detained by police refuses to... 1
- Erin Stewart: How to survive your... 1