Priesthood session traditions: A Marysville Ward potluck the sisters would appreciate
Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
A tradition in the Marysville Ward of the Columbus Ohio North Stake is to eat dinner together at the chapel before watching the general conference priesthood session broadcast
In the absence of Relief Society members, this event originally began as a pizza social, but has evolved over the years into a potluck dinner that even the sisters could appreciate.
Though the menu includes a variety of other dishes, however, pizza is still always included.
Because the ward is in the Eastern Daylight Time zone, the priesthood-session broadcast starts at 8 p.m., so dinner comes before conference; whereas in the Mountain Time zone the session starts at 6 p.m., so food usually comes after.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 21
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 18
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- New features at Ogden Temple reception... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5