Priesthood session traditions: A Marysville Ward potluck the sisters would appreciate
Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
A tradition in the Marysville Ward of the Columbus Ohio North Stake is to eat dinner together at the chapel before watching the general conference priesthood session broadcast
In the absence of Relief Society members, this event originally began as a pizza social, but has evolved over the years into a potluck dinner that even the sisters could appreciate.
Though the menu includes a variety of other dishes, however, pizza is still always included.
Because the ward is in the Eastern Daylight Time zone, the priesthood-session broadcast starts at 8 p.m., so dinner comes before conference; whereas in the Mountain Time zone the session starts at 6 p.m., so food usually comes after.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 11
- 5 faith facts about Jim Gilmore:... 7