Provided by Davison Cheney
Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
Our father-son tradition of getting ice cream after priesthood session of general conference changed last fall — one of many changes I am in for at his age.
I was part of the priesthood choir that sang in the Conference Center during the October general conference. So, we improvised. We went out the following week and discussed our favorite talks. The tradition was about our relationship anyway — not where or when we ate.
While I was preparing to sing, my son had asked someone who usually doesn't go to these meetings to attend with him — and he happened to drop in the conversation that he would be going to "such and such place" for a treat afterward.
Our tradition changed. Dessert, however, was still on me.
Davison Cheney writes, often humorously, at davisoncheneymegadad.blogspot.com.
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2