Provided by Davison Cheney
Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
Our father-son tradition of getting ice cream after priesthood session of general conference changed last fall — one of many changes I am in for at his age.
I was part of the priesthood choir that sang in the Conference Center during the October general conference. So, we improvised. We went out the following week and discussed our favorite talks. The tradition was about our relationship anyway — not where or when we ate.
While I was preparing to sing, my son had asked someone who usually doesn't go to these meetings to attend with him — and he happened to drop in the conversation that he would be going to "such and such place" for a treat afterward.
Our tradition changed. Dessert, however, was still on me.
Davison Cheney writes, often humorously, at davisoncheneymegadad.blogspot.com.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 288
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 123
- Religious groups react to Boy... 70
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 42
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 25
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces first... 14
- ... 10