Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The new TRAX airport line connecting Salt Lake City International Airport with downtown Salt Lake City via North Temple is slated for completion in about a year.
With TRAX trains hitting six stops on the six-mile line, the city has high expectations for that corridor, where an estimated 14,000 passengers a day will travel by 2030.
“This really is one of the most anticipated rail projects to come along in a long time," UTA spokesman Gerry Carpenter said.
A free workshop will be held March 29 at the Grand Hall at Utah State Fairpark to explore ways the new, multiuse corridor may contribute to the future development of North Temple.
Salt Lake City Community and Economic Development Director Frank Gray hopes the workshop will get business, land owners and the public together to talk about realistic expectations for development on the corridor.
“The development of the North Temple corridor in conjunction with the Airport TRAX line presents a truly generational opportunity for Salt Lake City’s west-side community,” he said.
Scheduled conference speakers include Gray; Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker; Utah Transit Authority Chief Planning Officer Mat Sibul; Nadine Fogarty of Strategic Economics; Tim Van Meter of Van Meter, William & Pollack; James Wood, director of the Bureau of Business and Economic Research at the University of Utah; and others.
Utah State Fairpark is located on the northwest side of North Temple and 1000 West. The event, which runs from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., is free and open to the public.
To register for the event go to www.slcgov.com/ntc.
More information on the conference can be found at www.slcclassic.com/northtemple or by calling 801-535-6230.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- GOP delegates reject changes to nominating...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong weeks...
- Hundreds of volunteers tackle service...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 65
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 46
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 26
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 25
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 20
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 15
- Swallow headlines spark question:... 12