Priesthood session traditions: Tradition fills stomach, strengthens friendships
Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
My friend and I have a long tradition of going to an Italian restaurant after the priesthood session of general conference.
We discuss what we have learned from the speakers, talk about how we have felt, share experiences about our efforts to become like the Savior and dole out pass-along cards to our waiters.
Sometimes we feel prompted to bring others with us. Always we find the words of the prophets sinking deeper into our hearts and the bonds of our friendship strengthened. It’s a fantastic tradition!
Kurt Manwaring is pursuing a graduate degree in public administration at the University of Utah. He is a consultant with Manwaring Consulting, LLC and maintains a personal blog at www.kurtsperspective.blogspot.com.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9