Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
One of my greatest memories is having the opportunity to watch the priesthood session of general conference each year with my dad. There was something exciting and peaceful knowing that day was coming every six months.
One of the reasons, as I remember, it was less about the talks given but more about getting ice cream after the session with my dad. Sometimes we would go with friends and other times just us.
For some reason, that ice cream always seemed a bit sweeter and more tasteful than ice cream other times of the year. I am sure it was because we had just had such a wonderful spiritual feast and the ice cream was the perfect ending.
Seth Saunders is currently branch president of the Pembroke Branch (Spanish) and a founding board member of the Pink Shoe Hero Foundation. Seth has been married 15 years to his amazing wife Amber and is the proud father of three wonderful sons.
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Understanding DNA testing in family history
- Kinshasa Democratic Republic of Congo Temple:...
- Praying together to stay together? The role...
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 70
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 21
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S. 9
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- Evangelical leaders denounce Selective... 6
- Understanding DNA testing in family... 5