Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
One of my greatest memories is having the opportunity to watch the priesthood session of general conference each year with my dad. There was something exciting and peaceful knowing that day was coming every six months.
One of the reasons, as I remember, it was less about the talks given but more about getting ice cream after the session with my dad. Sometimes we would go with friends and other times just us.
For some reason, that ice cream always seemed a bit sweeter and more tasteful than ice cream other times of the year. I am sure it was because we had just had such a wonderful spiritual feast and the ice cream was the perfect ending.
Seth Saunders is currently branch president of the Pembroke Branch (Spanish) and a founding board member of the Pink Shoe Hero Foundation. Seth has been married 15 years to his amazing wife Amber and is the proud father of three wonderful sons.
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Courage and valor: A bizarre order for a WWII...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 77
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 59
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay... 55
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 28
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- Letters to family show Steven Powell... 17