Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
One of my greatest memories is having the opportunity to watch the priesthood session of general conference each year with my dad. There was something exciting and peaceful knowing that day was coming every six months.
One of the reasons, as I remember, it was less about the talks given but more about getting ice cream after the session with my dad. Sometimes we would go with friends and other times just us.
For some reason, that ice cream always seemed a bit sweeter and more tasteful than ice cream other times of the year. I am sure it was because we had just had such a wonderful spiritual feast and the ice cream was the perfect ending.
Seth Saunders is currently branch president of the Pembroke Branch (Spanish) and a founding board member of the Pink Shoe Hero Foundation. Seth has been married 15 years to his amazing wife Amber and is the proud father of three wonderful sons.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Tabernacle hosts annual LDS Latino Christmas...
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 26
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 24
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 20
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 16
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 14