Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
One of my greatest memories is having the opportunity to watch the priesthood session of general conference each year with my dad. There was something exciting and peaceful knowing that day was coming every six months.
One of the reasons, as I remember, it was less about the talks given but more about getting ice cream after the session with my dad. Sometimes we would go with friends and other times just us.
For some reason, that ice cream always seemed a bit sweeter and more tasteful than ice cream other times of the year. I am sure it was because we had just had such a wonderful spiritual feast and the ice cream was the perfect ending.
Seth Saunders is currently branch president of the Pembroke Branch (Spanish) and a founding board member of the Pink Shoe Hero Foundation. Seth has been married 15 years to his amazing wife Amber and is the proud father of three wonderful sons.
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2