Editor's note: We asked readers to share their food traditions around the priesthood session of general conference. Click here for more about these traditions.
One of my greatest memories is having the opportunity to watch the priesthood session of general conference each year with my dad. There was something exciting and peaceful knowing that day was coming every six months.
One of the reasons, as I remember, it was less about the talks given but more about getting ice cream after the session with my dad. Sometimes we would go with friends and other times just us.
For some reason, that ice cream always seemed a bit sweeter and more tasteful than ice cream other times of the year. I am sure it was because we had just had such a wonderful spiritual feast and the ice cream was the perfect ending.
Seth Saunders is currently branch president of the Pembroke Branch (Spanish) and a founding board member of the Pink Shoe Hero Foundation. Seth has been married 15 years to his amazing wife Amber and is the proud father of three wonderful sons.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 91
- LDS Church releases video about... 44
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 25
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 15
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 8
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6