The Cricket & Seagull: LDS art competition winners 'Make Known His Wonderful Works'
LDS Church History Museum
Rita R. Wright, curator of art and artifacts at the Church History Museum, walks us through the new exhibit featuring nearly 200 different works in a variety of genres. Her enthusiasm for art and the gospel is infectious and you'll be glad for a guide who helps you see more deeply into these amazing paintings, sculptures and, yes, even a flannel board story.
In this video, you'll hear the answers to a variety of questions, such as the following: What kind of support does The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints give to the arts? How is learning to understand art helpful in understanding the scriptures? In addition, I think you'll especially enjoy hearing Wright get on her soapbox for a moment on the power of art and how it blesses our spirits.
You can also visit the exhibit page and cast your vote for the Visitors Choice award.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull. Be sure to click here to view this week's video podcast.
- Returned Mormon missionaries in 2014 FBS...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the world'...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 54
- Bible, Book of Mormon make list of top... 20
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7