The Cricket & Seagull: LDS art competition winners 'Make Known His Wonderful Works'
LDS Church History Museum
Rita R. Wright, curator of art and artifacts at the Church History Museum, walks us through the new exhibit featuring nearly 200 different works in a variety of genres. Her enthusiasm for art and the gospel is infectious and you'll be glad for a guide who helps you see more deeply into these amazing paintings, sculptures and, yes, even a flannel board story.
In this video, you'll hear the answers to a variety of questions, such as the following: What kind of support does The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints give to the arts? How is learning to understand art helpful in understanding the scriptures? In addition, I think you'll especially enjoy hearing Wright get on her soapbox for a moment on the power of art and how it blesses our spirits.
You can also visit the exhibit page and cast your vote for the Visitors Choice award.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull. Be sure to click here to view this week's video podcast.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 66
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 9
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3