The Cricket & Seagull: LDS art competition winners 'Make Known His Wonderful Works'
LDS Church History Museum
Rita R. Wright, curator of art and artifacts at the Church History Museum, walks us through the new exhibit featuring nearly 200 different works in a variety of genres. Her enthusiasm for art and the gospel is infectious and you'll be glad for a guide who helps you see more deeply into these amazing paintings, sculptures and, yes, even a flannel board story.
In this video, you'll hear the answers to a variety of questions, such as the following: What kind of support does The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints give to the arts? How is learning to understand art helpful in understanding the scriptures? In addition, I think you'll especially enjoy hearing Wright get on her soapbox for a moment on the power of art and how it blesses our spirits.
You can also visit the exhibit page and cast your vote for the Visitors Choice award.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull. Be sure to click here to view this week's video podcast.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- All Blacks perform haka tribute for deceased...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 17
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1
- LDS World: Learning to recognize God's... 1