The Cricket & Seagull: LDS art competition winners 'Make Known His Wonderful Works'
LDS Church History Museum
Rita R. Wright, curator of art and artifacts at the Church History Museum, walks us through the new exhibit featuring nearly 200 different works in a variety of genres. Her enthusiasm for art and the gospel is infectious and you'll be glad for a guide who helps you see more deeply into these amazing paintings, sculptures and, yes, even a flannel board story.
In this video, you'll hear the answers to a variety of questions, such as the following: What kind of support does The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints give to the arts? How is learning to understand art helpful in understanding the scriptures? In addition, I think you'll especially enjoy hearing Wright get on her soapbox for a moment on the power of art and how it blesses our spirits.
You can also visit the exhibit page and cast your vote for the Visitors Choice award.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull. Be sure to click here to view this week's video podcast.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 160
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 62
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 15
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8
- State bills to protect religious... 7