The Cricket & Seagull: LDS art competition winners 'Make Known His Wonderful Works'
LDS Church History Museum
Rita R. Wright, curator of art and artifacts at the Church History Museum, walks us through the new exhibit featuring nearly 200 different works in a variety of genres. Her enthusiasm for art and the gospel is infectious and you'll be glad for a guide who helps you see more deeply into these amazing paintings, sculptures and, yes, even a flannel board story.
In this video, you'll hear the answers to a variety of questions, such as the following: What kind of support does The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints give to the arts? How is learning to understand art helpful in understanding the scriptures? In addition, I think you'll especially enjoy hearing Wright get on her soapbox for a moment on the power of art and how it blesses our spirits.
You can also visit the exhibit page and cast your vote for the Visitors Choice award.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull. Be sure to click here to view this week's video podcast.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- First Presidency Easter Message
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Photo gallery: Celebrating Easter across the...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 53
- How much did President Obama donate to... 47
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 27
- The story behind the missionary reality... 15
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ... 14
- How does the world feel about morals... 13