Launch the Lollipop: College Students win $10,000 in Statewide Marketing Competition
SALT LAKE CITY – Thirty teams of Utah college students recently competed for $10,000 in cash prizes in “Launch the Lollipop,” a statewide marketing competition led by Dolphin Capital.
University of Utah MBA students Kaitlin Jacobs, McCall Lewis, and Kristine Taylor took first place in the competition, winning $5,000. Their innovative ideas will be immediately implemented by Kencraft Candy, the subject of the competition and a Dolphin Capital portfolio company.
The competition took place March 9 at the University of Utah’s Spencer Fox Eccles business building. Student teams from the U., Brigham Young University, Utah State University and Westminster College each created a launch plan and subsequent marketing plan for Kencraft’s hand-poured lollipops called Lollipals.
A team of USU MBA students — Clint Hugie, Melinda Taylor and Charles Major — came in second place for the $2,500 prize. And BYU marketing undergrad students Maren Bennett, Taylor Jensen, Mary Lyman, Sarah Mabey and Nathan Parkin rounded out the top three, receiving $1,000 for their efforts. Additionally, three teams were awarded honorable mention and received $500 each.
Love Communications, a full-service marketing and advertising agency located in Salt Lake City, also sponsored the student competition.
“We saw exceptional creativity and thinking from the teams and had great support from the four participating institutions of higher education,” said Dolphin Capital’s Jill Krishnamurthy. “Thanks to Kencraft for providing a sweet case study and for everyone who took part in this fun event, which really showed what our state’s students have to offer the marketplace.”
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15