SALT LAKE CITY — Patients headed to Salt Lake Regional Medical Center and three other Utah hospitals can now get up-to-date emergency room wait times from their phones and portable computing devices.
IASIS Healthcare released a smartphone and iPad app that will better connect users with its four hospitals in Utah, including Salt Lake Regional, Davis Hospital and Medical Center, Jordan Valley Medical Center and Pioneer Valley Hospital. In addition to wait times, the free application provides a fully searchable physician directory and phone numbers and addresses for all IASIS Healthcare hospitals in five other states.
"Whether in Utah or any other IASIS location, residents can have instant access to hospital and physician information, 24 hours a day," said Matthew Pfeiffer, director of interactive strategy at IASIS.
A link to download the new app is available at www.saltlakeregional.com/apps.
Nearly two years ago, Mountainstar Healthcare, which operates various hospitals in Utah as well, posted electronic clocks on billboards along I-15, which reflect the closest ER wait times. That service is also available from Mountainstar via texting.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Jury convicts San Juan County commissioner...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19