SALT LAKE CITY — Patients headed to Salt Lake Regional Medical Center and three other Utah hospitals can now get up-to-date emergency room wait times from their phones and portable computing devices.
IASIS Healthcare released a smartphone and iPad app that will better connect users with its four hospitals in Utah, including Salt Lake Regional, Davis Hospital and Medical Center, Jordan Valley Medical Center and Pioneer Valley Hospital. In addition to wait times, the free application provides a fully searchable physician directory and phone numbers and addresses for all IASIS Healthcare hospitals in five other states.
"Whether in Utah or any other IASIS location, residents can have instant access to hospital and physician information, 24 hours a day," said Matthew Pfeiffer, director of interactive strategy at IASIS.
A link to download the new app is available at www.saltlakeregional.com/apps.
Nearly two years ago, Mountainstar Healthcare, which operates various hospitals in Utah as well, posted electronic clocks on billboards along I-15, which reflect the closest ER wait times. That service is also available from Mountainstar via texting.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17