LOGAN — Utah State University fired its executive director of enrollment services after an internal audit revealed irregularities in scholarship funds, a spokesman announced Wednesday.
Jennifer Twiss, 34, was terminated by the university Tuesday and the audit has been turned over to law enforcement officials, USU spokesman Tim Vitale said. Twiss worked for USU in a full-time capacity since 2002 and was promoted to executive director last year.
"We're regularly doing audits and in this case the auditors decided to look at how scholarships are dispersed and found some irregularities," Vitale said.
He said the investigation is ongoing and officials requested that the university not release details at this time.
In her position, Twiss oversaw the admissions, financial aid, and registrar's offices at USU.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29