In Mitt Romney's win, headlines tell the whole story of Illinois primary
Steven Senne, Associated Press
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of the GOP presidential nomination process.
A powerful headline speaks volumes with just a few words. And Tuesday night after it became apparent Mitt Romney had defeated Rick Santorum in the Illinois Republican presidential primary, Internet headlines were shouting from the digital rooftops — so much so that numerous headlines managed to attach a palpable sense of blunt finality to what had just happened in the Prairie State.
Below is a sampling of some of the best the Romney-related headlines that prominent news sources ran Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, with links to the corresponding articles.
- Romney crushes Santorum in Illinois
- Romney ready to rumble with Obama
- Exits: Moderate electorate helps Mitt
- 'Party over' for Santorum?
Time Magazine's Swampland
- Mitt Romney takes Illinois
- A Romney victory but long road ahead
- Why Romney's experience argument is working
New York Times
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- Investigators may have recovered up to 30,000...
- Ice snarls Michigan roadways, airport runways
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Redistribution of homes begins in Utah FLDS town
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 63
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 28
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14