In Mitt Romney's win, headlines tell the whole story of Illinois primary
Steven Senne, Associated Press
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of the GOP presidential nomination process.
A powerful headline speaks volumes with just a few words. And Tuesday night after it became apparent Mitt Romney had defeated Rick Santorum in the Illinois Republican presidential primary, Internet headlines were shouting from the digital rooftops — so much so that numerous headlines managed to attach a palpable sense of blunt finality to what had just happened in the Prairie State.
Below is a sampling of some of the best the Romney-related headlines that prominent news sources ran Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, with links to the corresponding articles.
- Romney crushes Santorum in Illinois
- Romney ready to rumble with Obama
- Exits: Moderate electorate helps Mitt
- 'Party over' for Santorum?
Time Magazine's Swampland
- Mitt Romney takes Illinois
- A Romney victory but long road ahead
- Why Romney's experience argument is working
New York Times
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8