In Mitt Romney's win, headlines tell the whole story of Illinois primary
Steven Senne, Associated Press
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of the GOP presidential nomination process.
A powerful headline speaks volumes with just a few words. And Tuesday night after it became apparent Mitt Romney had defeated Rick Santorum in the Illinois Republican presidential primary, Internet headlines were shouting from the digital rooftops — so much so that numerous headlines managed to attach a palpable sense of blunt finality to what had just happened in the Prairie State.
Below is a sampling of some of the best the Romney-related headlines that prominent news sources ran Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, with links to the corresponding articles.
- Romney crushes Santorum in Illinois
- Romney ready to rumble with Obama
- Exits: Moderate electorate helps Mitt
- 'Party over' for Santorum?
Time Magazine's Swampland
- Mitt Romney takes Illinois
- A Romney victory but long road ahead
- Why Romney's experience argument is working
New York Times
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of police...
- Mitt Romney jabs Hillary Clinton in...
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts of...
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit on...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who struck...
- Chess in schools: bringing the classic mind...
- After setting iPhone record, what does Apple...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 92
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 19
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 12
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who... 12
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of... 11
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10