In Mitt Romney's win, headlines tell the whole story of Illinois primary
Steven Senne, Associated Press
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of the GOP presidential nomination process.
A powerful headline speaks volumes with just a few words. And Tuesday night after it became apparent Mitt Romney had defeated Rick Santorum in the Illinois Republican presidential primary, Internet headlines were shouting from the digital rooftops — so much so that numerous headlines managed to attach a palpable sense of blunt finality to what had just happened in the Prairie State.
Below is a sampling of some of the best the Romney-related headlines that prominent news sources ran Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, with links to the corresponding articles.
- Romney crushes Santorum in Illinois
- Romney ready to rumble with Obama
- Exits: Moderate electorate helps Mitt
- 'Party over' for Santorum?
Time Magazine's Swampland
- Mitt Romney takes Illinois
- A Romney victory but long road ahead
- Why Romney's experience argument is working
New York Times
- The Latest: Defiant Kentucky clerk goes to...
- Gold fever hits Poland with possible...
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their...
- Compromise could fix Kentucky's wedding...
- Working moms weigh in on Marissa Mayer's...
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- AP sources: GOP seeks pledge to avert Trump...
- Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in...
- Kentucky clerk still won't issue... 126
- The Latest: Defiant Kentucky clerk goes... 76
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as... 62
- Compromise could fix Kentucky's wedding... 60
- Latest Clinton emails show frustrations... 26
- In Alaska, Obama depicts stark future... 21
- Obama gets Iran deal win as Senate Dems... 20
- AP sources: GOP seeks pledge to avert... 17