In Mitt Romney's win, headlines tell the whole story of Illinois primary
Steven Senne, Associated Press
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of the GOP presidential nomination process.
A powerful headline speaks volumes with just a few words. And Tuesday night after it became apparent Mitt Romney had defeated Rick Santorum in the Illinois Republican presidential primary, Internet headlines were shouting from the digital rooftops — so much so that numerous headlines managed to attach a palpable sense of blunt finality to what had just happened in the Prairie State.
Below is a sampling of some of the best the Romney-related headlines that prominent news sources ran Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, with links to the corresponding articles.
- Romney crushes Santorum in Illinois
- Romney ready to rumble with Obama
- Exits: Moderate electorate helps Mitt
- 'Party over' for Santorum?
Time Magazine's Swampland
- Mitt Romney takes Illinois
- A Romney victory but long road ahead
- Why Romney's experience argument is working
New York Times
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- The one thing you may be giving your children...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- Back to Beijing for 2nd Olympics in 14 years
- Man describes find that could solve MH370...
- Sex and violence harm rather than help...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Boy Scout board approves end to blanket... 71
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Oklahoma Supreme Court: Ten... 27
- 2016 Republicans use Trump, TV to make... 26
- Obama: Republican criticism of Iran... 25
- Covered California: Cost of health care... 17