In Mitt Romney's win, headlines tell the whole story of Illinois primary
Steven Senne, Associated Press
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of the GOP presidential nomination process.
A powerful headline speaks volumes with just a few words. And Tuesday night after it became apparent Mitt Romney had defeated Rick Santorum in the Illinois Republican presidential primary, Internet headlines were shouting from the digital rooftops — so much so that numerous headlines managed to attach a palpable sense of blunt finality to what had just happened in the Prairie State.
Below is a sampling of some of the best the Romney-related headlines that prominent news sources ran Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, with links to the corresponding articles.
- Romney crushes Santorum in Illinois
- Romney ready to rumble with Obama
- Exits: Moderate electorate helps Mitt
- 'Party over' for Santorum?
Time Magazine's Swampland
- Mitt Romney takes Illinois
- A Romney victory but long road ahead
- Why Romney's experience argument is working
New York Times
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer health...
- 82-year-old caught in Sydney hostage...
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in...
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children killed...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic...
- Republican wins Arizona seat after recount;...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 45
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 30
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 13
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 11
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8