In Mitt Romney's win, headlines tell the whole story of Illinois primary
Steven Senne, Associated Press
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of the GOP presidential nomination process.
A powerful headline speaks volumes with just a few words. And Tuesday night after it became apparent Mitt Romney had defeated Rick Santorum in the Illinois Republican presidential primary, Internet headlines were shouting from the digital rooftops — so much so that numerous headlines managed to attach a palpable sense of blunt finality to what had just happened in the Prairie State.
Below is a sampling of some of the best the Romney-related headlines that prominent news sources ran Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, with links to the corresponding articles.
- Romney crushes Santorum in Illinois
- Romney ready to rumble with Obama
- Exits: Moderate electorate helps Mitt
- 'Party over' for Santorum?
Time Magazine's Swampland
- Mitt Romney takes Illinois
- A Romney victory but long road ahead
- Why Romney's experience argument is working
New York Times
- Put a woman on the $20 bill? Here are 19...
- Mormon missionary killed, another injured in...
- The economic crisis is helping one person in...
- Sepp Blatter says he will resign as FIFA...
- Survivors pulled from China boat capsizing;...
- Working 9-to-5 becoming a less popular way to...
- The 50 hardest-working cities in America,...
- Not eternal: Paris removes 'love locks' from...
- Obama muses about his legacy, offers... 26
- Justices rule for Muslim denied job... 14
- Mormon missionary killed, another... 12
- Beau Biden dies at 46; son of vice... 10
- GOP pledges to 'rein in' Obama on EPA... 10
- Watchdog says ex-Nazis got $20.2... 7
- Surveillance powers to lapse without... 7
- US insists Kerry's broken leg won't... 7