In Mitt Romney's win, headlines tell the whole story of Illinois primary
Steven Senne, Associated Press
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of the GOP presidential nomination process.
A powerful headline speaks volumes with just a few words. And Tuesday night after it became apparent Mitt Romney had defeated Rick Santorum in the Illinois Republican presidential primary, Internet headlines were shouting from the digital rooftops — so much so that numerous headlines managed to attach a palpable sense of blunt finality to what had just happened in the Prairie State.
Below is a sampling of some of the best the Romney-related headlines that prominent news sources ran Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, with links to the corresponding articles.
- Romney crushes Santorum in Illinois
- Romney ready to rumble with Obama
- Exits: Moderate electorate helps Mitt
- 'Party over' for Santorum?
Time Magazine's Swampland
- Mitt Romney takes Illinois
- A Romney victory but long road ahead
- Why Romney's experience argument is working
New York Times
- Hillary Clinton slams Trump in front of his...
- The brave man who may have risked his life in...
- Republican lawmaker seeks ban on LGBT...
- Dutch Safety Board: Buk missile downed MH17...
- Living on $2 a day: the new face of extreme...
- Bill Plaschke: Pat Haden, USC shouldn’t...
- A tale of two cities: Norwegian towns offer...
- Bush offers plan to repeal, replace federal...
- Republican lawmaker seeks ban on LGBT... 38
- More cities are recognizing Native... 27
- Living on $2 a day: the new face of... 25
- Obama: Clinton made mistake; security... 22
- Obama: Americans must 'come together'... 20
- Gun violence researchers becoming an... 19
- Obama touts immigration reform in... 18
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't... 15