SALT LAKE CITY — Paul Millsap and C.J. Miles fueled a 12-4 run in the last five minutes of the first half to lift the Utah Jazz to a 52-44 halftime lead over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night at EnergySolutions Arena.
With Utah trailing 41-40, Millsap's two drives to the basket bookended an 8-0 run to give the Jazz a 48-40 lead. Miles scored the other two Utah baskets in that spurt on a dunk and a layup to help the Jazz jump ahead of the top team in the Western Conference.
Miles and Al Jefferson each scored buckets inside to finish Utah's game-changing 12-4 run.
Millsap wound up with 12 first-half points, while Miles and Jefferson had eight points apiece, with Miles scoring six of his eight points in the final 4 1/2 minutes of the first half. Backup point guard Jamaal Tinsley scored nine points on 4-of-4 shooting with a 3-pointer in just 9 1/2 minutes off the Jazz bench.
Russell Westbrook scored 13 points and Kevin Durant 10 for the Thunder (34-11), which came into Tuesday night's game with the best record in the West and the second-best record in the entire NBA.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- BYU seeks first conference victory when...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 39
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong... 24
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 22
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15