In many cases, those who battle mental illness are left to do it alone. They don’t know why they’re feeling depressed or anxious, oftentimes don’t know what to do and, consequently, don’t get the diagnosis and treatment they need — including counseling and maybe even medication. Basically, they don’t get support — and that means suffering in silence.
Such disorders are a real concern. So, on our Mormon Times TV show this Sunday, we’ll focus on a young adult who has struggled with this problem, without really knowing it. She’ll share how social anxiety and depression have plagued her activity in the LDS Church and how she’s now able to move forward with her life after seeking help. We’ll also have psychologist Wendy Ulrich on the show to help us better understand and deal with the issue.
And we take our cameras onto Temple Square to pose the question, “Given the chance, what life advice would you offer your 21-year-old self?” It’s a thought-provoking question, and several of you gave us some great answers you won’t want to miss.
With general conference just around the corner, you may be up for new ways to prepare your minds, hearts and families. Educator and author Anthony Sweat will give some ideas on helping our teenagers — and ourselves — better concentrate while watching the sessions. And you’ll see how you can create some fun family traditions around the upcoming conference weekend.
Plus you’ll love meeting a spunky Canadian great-grandmother who quietly goes about doing good works, while her knitting needles work overtime!
The "Mormon Times" television show airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV and join in the conversation. We’re always looking for inspiring, uplifting stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michelle King is the host of Mormon Times TV that airs Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. on KSL. Email: email@example.com
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 40
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10